450 What kind of servos? 450 Size Heli

i bought a new razor 450 and with this site's help got it up in record time. Unfortunately it is down in almost the same time. :sour: Upon landing i touched the blades (which never hurt much with any other heli) but stripped gears in TWO servos with this. So I have been looking at servos but none state what size heli they are for. What am I looking for? What numbers? To make sure its ample for this copters upgrade.

murankar

Staff member
Any 9g servo should work. The Align servos will work just fine, ds415mg I believe for cyclic servos. If it was your cyclic servos that stripped then you will need three matching servos.

Tony

Staff member
If you want to stick with cheap servos, go to hobbypartz and get some MG90S servos. They are not the fastest in the world, but get the job done. They are what I'm running in my SE V2.

hawk-i

Just a thought but I been using hytec hs65mb servos on everything but the rudder on my clones and I had a gear to strip on two of them. I took it apart and turned the stripped gear 180degrees and it works fine now. I think they only use about 40 or 50 % of the gear anyway. If your looking for cheap I bought 4 emax es08ma analog metal gear servos off ebay for 17 bucks for all four with free shipping from china. Takes a while to get them but they seem to work pretty good. I read some reviews that said they had weak servo arms but I've not had a problem but then I don't fly hard 3d either. I don't know what kind of budget your working with but that's just a thought.

BAdair

I have been trying the HK DS-929MG they are about $7. ea and in the US warehouse, so far I am very happy with them. Se V2 about 20 flights on them now.

Tony

Staff member
The 929MG's have a LOT of slop in them. I have them on a helicopter and it stays on the wall because of the servos. If you are having good luck with them, that is all that matters though.

OK, here is what I am ordering unless I hear from you all that it's not a good idea. Cyclic = Hitex HS65MG Tail = Savox SH0262MG

This is a much better cyclic servo, and it's cheaper!
Align DS416M Digital Servo [AGNHSD41601] | RC Helicopters - A Main Hobbies

As for the tail, what helicopter are you putting this on? If you are using this on a Pro, then you need a mini servo for the tail, such as the DS525 and not the one that you have listed.

These are going on the 450 razor. The only reason I was deciding on these is that these are exactly the same as what is on my hk450 which was on my previous videos Hmm. I like cheaper. Probably gonna change now

BAdair

The 929MG's have a LOT of slop in them. I have them on a helicopter and it stays on the wall because of the servos. If you are having good luck with them, that is all that matters though.

Yea, I didn't expect much for $6. ea, but wanted to try them. As of YET no slop, but who knows with time. I have align DS 415m and 520 on my pro.

orbi

I got these and they were the best servo s ever, Turnigy HV 306 from Hobby K around $24 ultra fast and smoothe. on special half price. I think theyre the micro size for all 450 size

Top tip. take off the skid pipe, and extend the arms with some training rods to about 4 inches then add on the same for the tail fin. giving you extra height will give you confidence. I actually heated up the plastic skid arms and spread them wider and bound on some training legs with fine cord or strong cotton , finish all over with some CA to hold it all tight. works real well for me. If you make this strong enough and brace it well then it will allow you to take a hard drop from hovering height without severe damage.
I did have a link showing this somewhere on one of my posts.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a Pro and a Sport 450 but ive had so much trouble with tail servos ive now got them bothe mounted on the tail, much easier to service etc. Then you can upgrade to a Futaba s9257 which I recon cant be beat for a 450. not cheap but well worth it. Ive had new Align tail servos that just stopped working with no obvious reason, my cyclic s done the same, now with those Turnigy 306 I have never had a moments trouble. I think they would do a tail servo too.

Top Bottom