What Is Your New Years Resolution?

Tony

Staff member
With a new year upon us, we can start over so to speak. So what is your new years resolution?

For me, I'm hoping to get more videos out for you guys and do a LOT more flying! Lets start with the "More Videos" part. With Winter upon us, it is cold. We will have a low tonight of about 0º F, or about -18ºC for you metric guys and gals lol. But it is friggin cold here right now! Pair that with the high winds we have and the snow on the ground we just received yesterday and I just flat don't want to get out there in that stuff and fly lol.

But this year, I'm hoping to change that and at least get out and fly at least once a week. Be it quads, or helicopters (don't have the space for planes unfortunately) I need to fly. I have a couple quads that I still have to review so those will definitely be going up soon. I also have another took kit that so far is absolutely awesome in my testing as well as another tail servo, 3 axis gyro, and some double sided tape that I didn't mean for them to send me lol.

But long story short, I'm hoping to get more videos out to you guys. I have been slacking lately and that needs to stop. So I have completely redone my work station in my office to make it more wide open, added two more screens to my computer and actually cleaned off my desk so that I can shoot some indoor videos since the studio is not heated and as stated above, it's friggin cold lmao. Okay, for you guys up in Canada, Russia and other northern areas, it's cold to us down here lmao.

To get into the flying, I'm hoping to at least fly once a week as stated before. Most of these flights will be with quads unfortunately, but lets face it, they don't really break in a crash. If a helicopter "thinks" it's going to hit the ground, it's going to cost you money lol. But with that said, this year we WILL be putting the Goblin 380 in the air, the ALZRC 450 is going to see more air with a new gyro and tail servo, the Align 450 is going to see air this year, and thanks to Paulster2 the Align SE V2 will be getting into the air!

But I know what you are all wanting to see. Murphy! Everyone wants to see Murphy in the air. For those that don't know Murphy, he is an Align 600 Nitro that I have converted into a complete DFC helicopter. This helicopter was build by members and has done a lot of "hanging around". I stare at this helicopter every night while laying in bed and it is time for it to get into the air. Geena sent some new parts for Murphy that I think will make great finishing touches. So yes, Murphy is going to see air this year!!! Will it see any inverted flying? I guess we will just have to wait and see.

And of course there is the usual "I need to lose weight" resolution. I am heavier than I have ever been in my life right now and I absolutely can't stand it. When you have "Dickie Do" Disease, it's definitely time to lose some weight lmao. So I'm hoping this hear I can get down to at least 200lbs this year.

So what are your New Years Resolutions for 2018?

Happy New Year everyone from Rc-Help, Your Rc Information Source!

Tony

Staff member
lol, I hear you there! That is usually what I like to say in the New Year. But I'm trying to make a little change this year. We will see what comes of it!

Wow thats a hole boat load , Tony. I see it all coming true. Yeah alot of flying will help with the weight , with the stess and walking around. For me ,i hope my family gets every thing it deserves. Me alot of uneventful flying. I have got to become more computer savvy.

Tony

Staff member
Computer savvy will come with time. I didn't used to know anything about computers. Now I know just about enough to get myself in trouble lol. As for flying, definitely needs to be more done this year vs last.

Geena

Staff member
For me, just fly more...if that`s even possible. Get more people involved in RC helicopters, and get much better at playing my bass.

Thats great geena , i would love to hear you play. I play guitar as well. I got a Les Paul , BC Rich and a cheap target guitar that i modifide and put hot rod pickup on it . turned out to be one of the best playimg and sounding . Happy New Yar ad good flying .

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
I'll be 70 this year and I need to lose 50 pounds and get down to 200 for my 6 foot frame. Got a indoor cycling bike and will do 15 minutes everyday. Being retired twice (army & law enforcement), use to be in top shape. Just to tell you how good in shape I was, join the department and went to the academy at age 45. Then went to SWAT school at 46, was a sucker for pain (not right in the head). Been married for 46 years to an awesome woman who helped me get thru my flashbacks of Vietnam (two tours). She supported my numerous hobbies and besides model railroading have about $4,000 invested. This has been the longest hobby I've been in (1975) Several years went back in the air this time in helicopters (used to fly and fix them in "Nam" & Germany. I'm always on the computer surfing on you tube & ebay looking at helicopters. Been wanting to add to my growing fleet and writing down prices. Finally this past November, she came to me and said " Why don't you order that 450 you've been looking at all the time" Thinking to myself, I said bless her". Well I got a Agusta 109 fuselage 780mm from a company in Canada and on ebay a complete 450 main frame with everything needed. My son in law (he's a RC helicopter pilot also, flies a CH53 finished in USMC paint scheme) gave me a gift certificate to get the electronics. MY MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't fly today (Happy New Year) everyone, temp is 18 degrees and snowing. So my New Year resolution is to have fun building my new copter, lose weight, enjoy time with family and think positive thoughts.

Tony

Staff member
You are warmer over there than we are here in Oklahoma lol. I woke up to a temp of 5. Friggin 5! For you metric types that is like negative A LOT!!! lmao.

Smoggie

Looking forward to the Vidieos Tony... and wow, thats cold!.. Se get down that cold here too occasionally but not so far this year.

I dont really do resolutions but I would like to do a bit more flying than i did last year. the weather just seemed diabolical last year so i hope 2018 is better. I'd also like to get my weight down. Up to last year i did a lot of cycling which kept me in good shape but for some reason in 2017 I couldn't get motivated, hopefully 2018 is better.

Wishing everyone a great 2018 whatever your resolutions are....

liquid1

I'm new around here, But already seeing a lot of experience and wisdom on here, I'm novice at best can pilot my M41 boat the best outa my fleet love the boat running 45mph across the lake.
For the new year I plan on riding Mtn bike more and being more active with a better diet and exercise program lost 15 lbs but got laxed and gain most of it back.
Hope to get better with photo and video editing and learn to fly collective pitch better so I can maybe move up to a Blade 450, 500 or similer.
I'm gonna study this sights heli Setup videos so I can dial in my cheapo King Bee 11 and new DX9
Hope to spend more time with family and fly more this year.

James M , Thanks you for your service sir. Its awesome your so active and still flying .

Happy New year to everyone... Keep the sticks moving and the signals flowing..

Geena

Staff member
Thats great geena , i would love to hear you play. I play guitar as well. I got a Les Paul , BC Rich and a cheap target guitar that i modifide and put hot rod pickup on it . turned out to be one of the best playimg and sounding . Happy New Yar ad good flying .
I`m not very good at playing bass yet. Only been at it for a month...ish. I`m learning the scales though, and I can play most of Crazy Train, by Ozzy Osbourne. I`m definitely better at flying helicopters and playing drums, but that`s gonna change. I love a good challenge, and playing a stringed instrument is definitely a challenge. When I get a little better, I`ll post some videos on my youtube channel. :)

Steve holst

My new years resolution..... to enjoy family life fly more spend less time at work and smile every morning I wake up! Been a bad end to 2017 had 2 heart attacks in 3 weeks in end of Sept start of October at only 37 was not expecting that so on that note I wish every one of you a happy healthy and prosperous 2018

70sflyer

With a new year upon us, we can start over so to speak. So what is your new years resolution?

For me, I'm hoping to get more videos out for you guys and do a LOT more flying! Lets start with the "More Videos" part. With Winter upon us, it is cold. We will have a low tonight of about 0º F, or about -18ºC for you metric guys and gals lol. But it is friggin cold here right now! Pair that with the high winds we have and the snow on the ground we just received yesterday and I just flat don't want to get out there in that stuff and fly lol.

But this year, I'm hoping to change that and at least get out and fly at least once a week. Be it quads, or helicopters (don't have the space for planes unfortunately) I need to fly. I have a couple quads that I still have to review so those will definitely be going up soon. I also have another took kit that so far is absolutely awesome in my testing as well as another tail servo, 3 axis gyro, and some double sided tape that I didn't mean for them to send me lol.

But long story short, I'm hoping to get more videos out to you guys. I have been slacking lately and that needs to stop. So I have completely redone my work station in my office to make it more wide open, added two more screens to my computer and actually cleaned off my desk so that I can shoot some indoor videos since the studio is not heated and as stated above, it's friggin cold lmao. Okay, for you guys up in Canada, Russia and other northern areas, it's cold to us down here lmao.

To get into the flying, I'm hoping to at least fly once a week as stated before. Most of these flights will be with quads unfortunately, but lets face it, they don't really break in a crash. If a helicopter "thinks" it's going to hit the ground, it's going to cost you money lol. But with that said, this year we WILL be putting the Goblin 380 in the air, the ALZRC 450 is going to see more air with a new gyro and tail servo, the Align 450 is going to see air this year, and thanks to Paulster2 the Align SE V2 will be getting into the air!

But I know what you are all wanting to see. Murphy! Everyone wants to see Murphy in the air. For those that don't know Murphy, he is an Align 600 Nitro that I have converted into a complete DFC helicopter. This helicopter was build by members and has done a lot of "hanging around". I stare at this helicopter every night while laying in bed and it is time for it to get into the air. Geena sent some new parts for Murphy that I think will make great finishing touches. So yes, Murphy is going to see air this year!!! Will it see any inverted flying? I guess we will just have to wait and see.

And of course there is the usual "I need to lose weight" resolution. I am heavier than I have ever been in my life right now and I absolutely can't stand it. When you have "Dickie Do" Disease, it's definitely time to lose some weight lmao. So I'm hoping this hear I can get down to at least 200lbs this year.

So what are your New Years Resolutions for 2018?

Happy New Year everyone from Rc-Help, Your Rc Information Source!

70sflyer

My New Year Resolution is to complete my ASM F7F Tigercat and put my new manifold on my 1956 Chevy.

leedude1

Well Tony, we were as low as -36 just yesterday which is like -32 in your numbers... and have been in the -28, 29 now for almost 10 days ... it is supposed to break shortly... hell -18 is a speedo weather at this stage :cheerful:

For myself, more simulator time so that I can have a little more confidence in my flying ability .. fly live, like I do on the simulator . Im getting there, I try more things but I still want to push it a bit more. I dont want to fly smack but would like to work out a nice easy 3d circuit that im comfortable with. .

Keep working on the 550 DFC rebuild...thats moving along quite well so no complaints.

Good on you for the weight thing Tony the metabolism is a Bit** as it slows down we no longer can eat what we did without the side effects of packn on the pounds.

I wish you all the best folks..

Tony

Staff member
Mike, now you know why I keep my ass in Oklahoma lmao. Those temps down here and our cars would not start. Hell, our heaters would never shut off lmao.

70sflyer, dude that is awesome! I love those cross ram's on the 427's. Mass power for its time!

Quangzu

Something is definately happening with our climate!
When grewing up I could ski on natural snow every winter (living in Sweden, STHLM) but now the rain is poring down and the grass is growing in the middle of "normal" winter, strange! Not good for any kind of outdoor activities. Every field, or place for ski is like a mud "poreage" :(
Since I am "retired" (now 60) I spend most of my free time at the GYM, SIM and building, modify flying "things"
Right now I am making a "Training Heli" based on an old Honey Bee King 2. It has now an Align 450 head, blades, tailblades and some other 450/500 parts from my "box", new gyro and tail servo. I have kept it orignal brushed for the moment.
If it flies? It seems that it does but only tested it on my backyard and it is a bit too small for a real test, probably just smaller adjustments needed. As mentioned above, weather not allow real flying!
Anyway, it is a fun project, an addition to my SIM training. Probably it should be categorized as a "do not try this at home" project :)

Wish you all a succesfull 2018!

/Q

Top Bottom