700 What is the best Speed Controller for the Trex 800.

AlwaysDave

I am not getting anywhere sending emails to Hobbywing (Tech Guru) about the setup on their Platinum 200A-OPTO Controller.

Untitled.png
Following these steps and all I get is a continuous beep and the red light flickers.
It's been a year since I've done anything to the heli. I can't find anyone locally who can help me. I used to take it to SMC in Worthing but, Bob is not always there.
If anyone here can help, it would be appreciated.

Dave.

Admiral

Hi Dave, how are you powering you receiver ? are you using a BEC or batteries ?
It sounds to me like the ESC is not finding any signal from the transmitter.

The ESC you have is OPTO which means it does not have an internal BEC (Battery Eliminator Circuit ) so your receiver needs to be powered independently.

murankar

Staff member
That' correct, you need and outside source of power going to the FBL unit or your RX unit. Ikon, brain and Neo should have open servo ports for you to plug in a flight pack (2S battery deigned to plug into an RX or FBL unit). The ports are generally labeled as AUX ports or Batt.

murankar

Staff member
I called the battery a flight pack for the RX. I ment to call it an RX pack. They are.listed as RX packs at the major retailers.

AlwaysDave

Hi Dave, how are you powering you receiver ? are you using a BEC or batteries ?
It sounds to me like the ESC is not finding any signal from the transmitter.

The ESC you have is OPTO which means it does not have an internal BEC (Battery Eliminator Circuit ) so your receiver needs to be powered independently.

I'm using a 7.4v 5200mAh Floureon battery which is connected to the Align 3GX V2.1 Flybarless System and the yellow wire from ESC is connected to the RX JR MacGregor RG831B DMSS in the Thro port.
Horam flying club are trying to help me out as well. Hopefully I can take the Heli to them.

Top Bottom