General What Is Going On Here...

Tony

Staff member
Decided to go ahead and move the helicopters from their old home to their new home. Somehow, I was able to get all but one (the Align 450 Dom, non L version, thanks URI) since it is out in the old studio just chillin' on a shelf lol. But, as I was moving them in I sat them all on my desk and thought it would make a nice picture lmao. There are 9 helicopters in this picture, can you spot them all?

IMG_1272.JPG

Tony

Staff member
Ivan, if you look closely, there are canopies under Murphy's tail and under the Goblin's tail haha. It's more than 2, I think I have 6 spare 450 canopies and the other ones are mcpx, and the like. Ones that I will probably never use again because those helicopters don't fly quite right anymore.

Rob Lancaster

Yup I got'm all... What's all that brown stuff on the skids and canopies of some of your babies?
Hey nice li'll BO105.. Last time I saw that bird was when a crazy blond was tossing one around the sky over Kaneohe Bay during an airshow. I've heard that the Red Bull BO105 was the only helicopter in the world that can barrel roll and loop. That's not exactly accurate. I've seen the British Links (forgot the number designation) and the American AH-64 Apache do rolls and loops. I even saw an old Sweitzer 300C (formally the Hughes 300C) do a couple of loops.

But in all honestly, the first loop was ok. The second one I saw wasn't so good. Seems the pilot didn't take into account the thinner warmer air he was flying in. He missed it by just a few feet, boom!! He survived it but the aircraft was waisted.. Ok folks what did we learn? One thing is, it's not the fall that kills you,, it's the sudden stop that breaks bones and airframes...

Oh hey, a quick update on my HK450GT clone..
Great news all!! She flies great now!
The weather has been wet and windy so I took the time to finish all the servicing on the aircraft.
Let's go down the check list; shall we....
I replaced the ESC with a Hobbywing 60A Platinum V4 with the P-BOX,, love it, love it...
I stuck a Scorpion HK-2520 3500kv motor in there...
I completely reset the new un-crashed head after upgrading the cyclic servos to digital
and replacing the damaged main rotor blades. Now they track perfect!
I added a location beeper just incase she goes down in the ole jungle...
I replaced the tail rotor drive belt and idler pully and bearing with a upgraded part..
Oh hey, I think I got new Spartan Quark gyro dialed in too, finally.... Very sensitive device.

Although I only get 5 to 6 minutes of flight time the performance is so hot I had to dial down the settings a bit; ha! Oh, I almost forgot, I put a 13 tooth pinion replacing the 11 tooth pinion I was using.
My 4 new Glacier 2200 mAh battery packs get a bit warm but no puffing so far; like those cheesy el-cheepo,,, well you know the rest...……..

Thanks all that helped the project along!
Tony, your video of the 450 head setup is excellent! I refer to it from time to time; just to make sure I don't forget nut'n!>>>>>>>
Rster...

Tony

Staff member
That is dust from storage. At least that is what I'm calling it lol.

That is awesome about your 450, glad you have it up in the air and stable.

Top Bottom