General What could be wrong?

treff

Setting up my old hk450 with pitch 40 , 55, 62, 75, 100 and throttle 0, 40, 75,75,,75 It will not come off the ground. I'm obviously missing something?
It maybe I'm not getting enough rpm out of the motor I think its about 3200kv with a 14 teeth drive. Any help, suggestions most welcome guys. Thanks

Slobberdog

I know this might sound daft but have you got the swash going in the right direction, and did you have 0º at mid stick and when you done your set up did you use a linear curve

Last edited:

treff

Hi Slobberdog thanks for the reply. Yes everything moving in the right direction 0 at mid stick with 10 degrees up and down so I think maybe the motor not giving enough rpm. Cheers

Lee

You should have between 3100 and 3500 at the head with that set up, which is plenty.
Try redoing the ESC throttle end points, if all else is working right.

Last edited:

treff

Hi Lee. Yes thanks for the info. I will go over everything tomorrow if I get the chance. I'm missing something simple that's for sure. I have a feeling it is the end points on the ESC. It almost lifts off the groung but not quite. It will be nice to have 2 helicopters on the go at the same time,
one for back up. By the way I have found a bit of open ground not to far away and that make the world of difference to the flying. More relaxed. I think I was worrying a lot about hitting some one or a house. It's a world of difference. Thanks for that suggestion.Cheers.

Last edited:

Westy

LEGEND
try the Throttle Callibration .... and also try a higher percentage on the throttle curve..... may be a low powered motor .....

treff

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I have pretty well tried everything now, thought it maybe the end points on the ESC as Lee suggested but now I think it is a totally underpowered motor. It just does not get enough rpm to lift the heli from the floor. Cheers

treff

Thanks Tony for the reply. Yes battery full and guess what. I do not know what happened went out this morning for another go with this heli. I placed it on the floor and run it up to full speed. It just got off the ground, just but with very bad tail wag. I landed and dropped the gyro gain and when again. Still severe wag then suddenly everything smoothed out. the tail stopped wagging and the heli shot into the sky 40 feet or more. It frightened the living daylight out of me I can tell you, I'm still shaking. Any I was lucky it slowly came back down and settled on the ground. What happened? I still do not know. Cheers

Slobberdog

sounds like you had something binding and it released a bit, check that your tail belt and boom have not slipped,

Tony

Staff member
Sorry, I had to ask. It's happened before lol. The next thing I was going ot suggest is to take the blades off and spool it up. With the motor off, check the height of the swash to the head block. Then, when you spool it up, check to see if the swash is goign up just as far. But, sounds like it may have worked it's self out.

Lee

Is this the YEP ESC Treff? I think you have it on super slow spool up, and you're just not giving it enough time to get the headspeed up before take off. I can take off with mine and get it out infront of me before full spool up, if i want to.

treff

Thank all for the replies. Lee, yes it is the YEP ESC. It could be the super slow because I programmed with the TX stick so I am not sure but I can tell you that it frightened me witless and thats pronounced with an S. LOL
The program card is on the slow boat from China so will have to wait 4 weeks. I will have another go at it tomorrow and wait a bit longer for the spool up to finish. Thanks again all its very much appreciated.

Top Bottom