Quad What Battery For 250 Quad

Tony

Staff member
I have done some reading around and I'm seeing people using anything from a 1000mah 3s to a 2200mah 3s battery on their quad. Most are using 1300mah to 1800mah. But my question to you is, what exact battery are you using on your 250, why are you using that battery, and what kind of flight times are you getting?

I'm seeing the Zippy Compacts being used quite a lot so I'm lookign at those, but I'm also seeing others that are coming up.

Post what you think I should use on this bird.

Stambo

I use Zippy compact 3s 1500 and 1800 25-35c.
I have found I can flatten the 1500s enough to set off the LVA in less than 3 minutes of hard flying, I normally have about a minute and a half left of gentle flight after that. 25-35c 1500 just doesn't cut it.
The 1800s I used to get up to 9 minutes of gentle flight, now it's 4 to 5 minutes of hard flight max.
Again, 25-35c may be a bit light, I never thought I would be flying so hard so soon.
Weight is a big consideration on these things, anywhere you can save a few grams makes a difference.
Going up in C rating generally means going down in capacity to maintain the lower weight.
Many running 4s go down to 1000 to 1300.
I would not run a 2200, I know many do but it makes them handle like a barge.
I have tried it, and there is no great gain in flight time due to the extra weight.

Top Bottom