General What are the fail safe settings that will give the heli the best chance of survival?

helicc16

the Smoothie Pilot
I've never had a RX black-out and had never worried about it until now. I don't even want to think about what damages and/or injuries the big birds could cause when they go out of control.

What settings do you use on your heli and how do you set them?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I've never had a RX black-out and had never worried about it until now. I don't even want to think about what damages and/or injuries the big birds could cause when they go out of control.

What settings do you use on your heli and how do you set them?
When there is a brown out no fail safe is gonna work . Brown out = power loss of rx. The servos will basically have a mind if their own

Signal loss is different.. That uses fail safe cause rx is control but not Tx.

Whatever you bound your rx to your Tx on , becomes fail safe. So if your throttle was high at that time, that's your fail safe. As soon as signal is lost you will go full throttle. Lol

So make sure your fail safe is set right. Sometimes you have to reverse throttle ... That should make you set fail safe again.. How? Rebind....

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Lee

Re: What are the fail safe settings that will give the heli the best chance of surviv

When binding your Radio, set all the switches and sticks to the position you want the heli to remember if signal is lost.
So throttle at 0
Flight mode in Normal which should give you about -2º pitch if set correctly. This will allow the heli to sycamore down under its own weight.
It will still crash but hopefully a little softer .If low stick has + pitch, the falling heli will stop the blades and it will fall like a brick.

helicc16

the Smoothie Pilot
Re: What are the fail safe settings that will give the heli the best chance of surviv

Gaba,
Thanks for clearing up the confusion between black-out and brown-out. Yes, I did mean the signal lost.

Lee,
Thanks for suggestion on the settings. I was going to use some + pitch for fail safe, thinking that negative pitch would help gravity pull the helicopter down even faster. Please correct me if I am wrong.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot

Positive pitch will just slow the blades too fast! Slight negative pitch is what you want.

Lee

The slight Neg pitch causes the blades to speed up, creating resistance and slowing the heli down. Pos pitch with stop the blades, causing the heli to plummet to its death :D

RandyDSok

I believe some of the info posted was based on an assumption that the radio/receiver was a Spectrum.

Different brands of radios and their different models set FS in different ways. In addition, some off-brand receivers also have their own way to set FS built into them.

Example... a Futaba 7c only allows the throttle channel to have a FS setting or it allows it to hold it's setting in the last position. The Futaba 8FG will allow all channels to be set to a FS setting or also set them to hold their last position on a channel by channel basis. Some of the FrSky FASST receivers let you set them to have their own FS settings or to let them be setup from the radio while earlier models only let you set them for their own FS setting which was either hold position or set to a predetermined position.

So... to find out how to setup FS for a particular make or model transmitter or receiver... read their instructions and don't base it on the above which was brand/model specific info.

helicc16

the Smoothie Pilot

Thanks, guys. You've just saved me from a hard-learned lesson.

Lee

What radio do you have helicc16?

helicc16

the Smoothie Pilot

I have DX7s and DX8.

Cheers,
Zuey

Lee

Thank you :D

Top Bottom