ESC what are the best esc's in general?

I know the opinions of what is the "best" may be wide regarding ESCs/Rotors but is there any one brand that a consensus may agree is the best over all? would love to hear opinions as I embark on my second build. I use emax rotors and 4 in 1 esc right now.

thanks.

Derek

My experience with multi rotors is very limited, so I'm sure that you'll get some other comments, too.....but, what I do know is that if you use esc's with the SimonK firmware, you can't go wrong. I have heard that a lot of people are using the Lumineer esc's, Castle esc's, and Afro esc's.

Stambo

There are some quite recent additions to the ESC market.
Look for Kiss ESCs. Very high refresh rate, really small and very light.
From what I have heard, these are one of the best.
Designed from the ground up for multirotors.
Many of the "Top Gun" pilots are using them.
A friend has just fitted some to his 4s QAV250 and initial results are very promising.

SimonK flashed ESCs were all the rage but people are having sync issues with high pole count motors.
BLheli units seem to have addressed this.

I am running Emax 12a SimonK units and they seem just fine for me.

Last edited:
thanks, stambo. a friend of mine used simonk 4 in 1 and worked fine for his naza. switched to pixhawk and no longer worked for the timing issues you mentioned. thanks for the information. by the way, what motors are the "top guns" using?

Stambo

thanks, stambo. a friend of mine used simonk 4 in 1 and worked fine for his naza. switched to pixhawk and no longer worked for the timing issues you mentioned. thanks for the information. by the way, what motors are the "top guns" using?

Luminier, Cobra, Tiger to name a few.

Top Bottom