Motors What amp. would I need?

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I'm not sure how to figure out what amp. 4in1 esc to purchases? I have 1806/2700Kv motors (4) and the Max Continuous Current: 18.2A
Max Continuous Power (W): 305.8W. I'm using 4s battery and 3" props. I'm thinking a 30a esc is fine but not sure.

RandyDSok

Normally I'd whip out one of the Ohm's Law formula's to show off how brilliant ( lolol... sarcasm ) I am.... but it isn't needed here. You already have the max amps the motor will pull before letting out the magic smoke. Since that is just under 20a and I like to have a bit of overhead... 30a ( or more ) sounds good to me but I'd also look at a 40a one and consider the cost and weight differences.

I will remind you of something I suspect you know.... the max values they usually give are typically burst values and I wouldn't recommend running at max for any length of time. As an example, if they are saying 18.2a... I wouldn't want to run higher than 15a for any length of time.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Brilliant...huh. Sure you didn't mean, "Bright as a flashlight with a dead battery in it ? :lmao::jk:! Thanks Randy. The 30a 4in1 I'm looking at is $37.99 vs the 40a which is $79.99. If I can use the 30a and save some money, that would be nice :).

Top Bottom