What a perfect evening for flying and I was on my game. TRex 500

Tony

Staff member
Wow, all the way up near lake Michigan. Would love to fly there sometime though. Now if I can just figure out how to get up there with all of my aircraft...

Ken Jackson

Thanks Lee. At first Tony its a little intimidating flying around lake michigan. Its pretty much always windy. I gave up waiting for calm days, lol

Ken

cml001

Great flight Ken! Love that spot too... Very green and lush... Open.. Yeah I like that spot.. Imagine it's white for half the year tho huh?

Ken Jackson

Probably not half the year but yeah it gets pretty cold up here. Most of the heavy snow is lake effect but it almost always drifts east southeast off the lake so right at the southern tip of Lake Michigan we don't get much snow. Go over two counties and they get clobbered.

cml001

Well I have experienced the Chicago snow, ice, wind, & cold first hand.. Boot camp at great lakes during winter isn't much fun I can assure u. I thought the wind was over exaggerated until I felt it first hand... Between all the winter elements the skin on my ears literally split open. Beautiful place... But brutal at times all the same. How far from the city are u?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wait, ur in Indiana... I've got family in Evansville.. Hold on a sec.. Y did u not attend ircha? U could have almost walked there!

wolfman76

Well I have experienced the Chicago snow, ice, wind, & cold first hand.. Boot camp at great lakes during winter isn't much fun I can assure u. I thought the wind was over exaggerated until I felt it first hand... Between all the winter elements the skin on my ears literally split open. Beautiful place... But brutal at times all the same. How far from the city are u?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wait, ur in Indiana... I've got family in Evansville.. Hold on a sec.. Y did u not attend ircha? U could have almost walked there!

Yeah last winter it was between 25-30 below zero 2-3 days and bout the same in 15 below zero temps also... was the worst it had been in like 30 years... bad thing is they are predicting even worst a winter this year we will c right ken...

cml001

At least u guys get 4 distinct seasons up there.. As I did when I lived in Denver.. Here in the dirty south.. We go from hot as hell to cold(not as cold as u guys no)... But it's the same story every year... Summer time everyone is whin'n & wishing for winter.. Winter time everyone is whin'n & wishing for summer.. Last week or two have been beautiful tho.. Especially the mornings & evenings.

Ken Jackson

No I'm Highland indiana. I live 30 minutes from downtown chicago. I'm actually working downtown at Loyola university law center. The company I work for has digital HVAC control systems in 95% of the entire campuses. There are several. We have systems in just about every university in and around Chicago. University of Chicago. University of Illinois Chicago. Northwestern to name a few. My job is to field engineer whatever it takes to control whatever they need controlled. Lighting, card access but primarily HVAC. The big stuff, chillers, boilers, domestic hot water, air handling systems and variable air volume zone boxes.

They give me the points list a scope of work and a box of parts then it's my job install devices, relays, sensors, control panels. Run network and control wiring to all devices. Terminate test and commission all points then we program as needed but the office staff or project manager
Take over.

Been doing this almost 25 years. It's a great job.

cml001

Sounds like it.. I used to fabricate and install industrial duct work.. Had to work with u guys and electricians, plumbers. Etc.. I actually liked the work.. But I was the grunt guy.. Lol..

Ken Jackson

No I'm Highland indiana. I live 30 minutes from downtown chicago. I'm actually working downtown at Loyola university law center. The company I work for has digital HVAC control systems in 95% of the entire campuses. There are several. We have systems in just about every university in and around Chicago. University of Chicago. University of Illinois Chicago. Northwestern to name a few. My job is to field engineer whatever it takes to control whatever they need controlled. Lighting, card access but primarily HVAC. The big stuff, chillers, boilers, domestic hot water, air handling systems and variable air volume zone boxes.

They give me the points list a scope of work and a box of parts then it's my job install devices, relays, sensors, control panels. Run network and control wiring to all devices. Terminate test and commission all points then we program as needed but the office staff or project manager
Take over.

Been doing this almost 25 years. It's a great job.

Tony

Staff member
Here in Oklahoma we have a saying. If you can't fly in the wind, you are never going to fly! lol. This year is an exception however. It's been very calm, but I have been so busy with other stuff that I can't fly hardly at all.

Top Bottom