What A Fial..fale...fell...oh Whatever...

bigone5500

A week and a half ago, I went to the local verizon corporate store and got a new phone. My other one suffered a 1 foot fall from my pocket striking a fire hydrant on the edge of the screen (phone case was on). Now half the screen does not work. I figured it was time for an upgrade, reluctantly. So I ended up getting the Chicksung chick10 5G. <----- just for you @Tony !!! It's actually a wonderful phone. Very fast and takes great photos. It's so new that very few companies are making cases for it right now. So my wife and I head to the lake to do some fishing and I got out at the gate and my phone decides to follow me. Only it can't walk yet. So it hit the floor and bounced out the door landing face down on the pavement. Mother %*@&er!!!!! <----I didn't say it but thought it really loudly. A $1300 phone busted. Now I have to get a replacement. Fortunately I got insurance when I got it and will have to go through asurion's replacement dept. The phone is so new and pricey that I have to fill out an affidavit and send in a copy of my drivers' license to verify I'm not committing fraud. Wow. I may simply deal with the busted screen and keep a box of tissue around to wipe my tears from the screen so it doesn't short out.

In the words of the famous Winnie the Pooh, "Oh, Bother!".

Tony

Staff member
Dayum, that sucks hard bro. At least you have insurance on it, just sucks that you have to jump through hoops.

Oh, and if you would have purchased a MAN'S PHONE, it would not break so easy :chuckles: (had to do it)

Tony

Staff member
I was thinking something like the Note... Something that when you look at it you don't know if 'phone' or 'tablet' lmao.

Tony

Staff member
I'm still rockin' the iPhone 6S+ so I really can't say much lmao. That phone has a better camera than my Note 4 which is why I use it. I hate iPhone. But phone prices have went way off the hook lately so I will never purchase another 'flagship' phone. Not until they come down in price.

murankar

Staff member
You'll be waiting a long time. My last flagship was the HTC One M9. It was about $800.

So one there will be replacement screens available. Just wait about a month. Then get the screen replaced. Could be cheaper.

bigone5500

Phones are actually pretty robust. Here is my iPhone 6s that I dropped from about 4 feet. It still works but you have to use ANSI cut level 3 hand protection.

20190530_170300.jpg

murankar

Staff member
I think I will call them here for ya. LMAO.

Better have some leather work gloves on while using that boy, file for some workmans comp in advanced. LMAO

Top Bottom