Westy's Goblin 630 Maiden Flight ..... warts and all

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
I specifically .... wrote them down ...... AIL ANGLE-2.6 and ELE ANGLE - 3.9

how did you set yours up?.... I mean how did you find your level .... because these gobbys sit on the skids with the main shaft tilting forward ... like a real heli...... I put a level on the motor as I thought that would be the best place to hit set on the page that you set the governor SET LEVEL button.

stuffed if I know what I did wrong .... but I remember hitting the switch back to where it was and it took some time for the control to come back .... and man ... it just dove foward and hit the deck (Concrete path and the house at the same time). it was slapping hte blades repeatedly against the house and the ground ... before I gathered my thoughts and thought "WHAT ??????? HIT THE THROTTLE HOLD YOU GUBER@!!!!!!!! this thing aint stopping!"

Here you go Westy, just a quick vid on how I have set mine up, don't mind my voice I am going thru puberty..is there a spell check for that..lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Ken Jackson

Really Anthony, thanks for that video. Wow haven't been on in a couple days, a lot has happened. Westy sorry to here about your incident. This iKon is a little more complicated then the 3GX for sure.

When I tested mine I went up high because I heard self level will right the helicopter but will not adjust pitch so I wanted a ton of space. My Heli went slightly forward and slightly banked right when I switched to SL. My blade tracking was off so I knew I didn't do a good job. I am finishing my redo set up but was watching the video on iKon's site, not a great presentation but I learned a ton.

And Anthony's video is the icing on the cake I hope.

I have the DX8 so I set my 'setup switch' on Aux2 and since its a three position switch, I can toggle 3 set ups. Not sure how useful that is yet but it works. Here is the picture of my setup.
Ken
photo (2).jpg

photo (2).jpg

Last edited:

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Ken..Give it a whirl and always pre flight test like how you would do your tail and cyclics. happy flying!

Last edited:

Ken Jackson

When I went to SL my swash moved very slight. So I went into advanced played with the numbers a little. Basically I had to add one to the Elevator Angle for Level. Played with the aileron first but it ended up at -2 where I started. I only made changes in increments of 1, I knew I was close.

Thanks Again, wish the damn sun would come up now. I have a good feeling about this. As long as my tail is locked in, I made an adjustment after last flight so hopefully it fixes it. Wasn't bad except on punch outs. I was seeing it in Normal mode so idol up may also fix that.

Catch you later!
Ken

Westy

LEGEND
if you have a DX7s you can use the Gyro switch for 3 positions .... but it is hard to get to it! ... I might see if I can swap the Gyro and the Mix switches out and that way I can get to it..... it is a pity you cant use the trainer to turn it on and off .... press it in to SL and then release to carry on.

Top Bottom