Westy here from New Zealand! - Heli Nut Through and Through!

Westy

LEGEND
Hey All.... my Buddy Lee put me onto this site ....

I am new to this site and been around the traps on the Heli scene for a while. I have been doing RC for about 16 months. have built many helis now and sold a lot too.....

Currently I fly 3 to 4 times a week with my Trex 600 Super Pro with Mini G Gyro and DX7-SE transmitter.

hope to learn more and help where I can too .... (Made lots of mistakes and learned a lot too!) So I guess you can call me QBE (Qualified by Experience)

Went flying out Yesterday in fact! was great ... always a buzz.

Cheers
Westy!

Tony

Staff member
:welcome1:

Thanks for joining up Westy! It's great to have you here. Is your heli an electric or nitro? If you have seen the video, or if Lee has told you, we are building the Official RCH Heli which is an Align 600 Nitro Super Pro. Great little heli, or so I will find out the first time I fly it lmao.

Again, thanks for joining up. Make sure to post LOTS of pictures and videos! It's our CRACK!!!

Westy

LEGEND
Hey Tony .... Glad to come aboard..... It is a 6s 600 Electric Super Pro.

I run 4500 and 5000MAH batteries in her.... Just went flying this afternoon (just a batt at low level hovering on all orientations to keep my reflexes sharp!

I modified my canopy to get the battery to fit.

I will post some vids from yesterday in the Video section. you all will enjoy I am sure.

I saw the 600 Nitro Project .... looks good.... are you doing a full series of Vids on it?

cheers Westy!

PS ... do you have the ability to allow editing posts for the thread entry owner?

I could not find where to edit once I had submitted in case I see a mistake post submitting.

Tony

Staff member
I will be doing a full set of videos on teh heli. I just uploaded the first one to introduce it to the members. From DX8 setup to 3GX, it will all be on video. Including the flights (or lack thereof with my flying skills lmao).

As for the editing, I think you will have that privileged at 100+ posts. I do this because I have had some trolls come in here and post one thing, then change it before I read it. The members that stick around for 100+ posts I trust a lot more than those that come in just to cause trouble lol. Hope you understand.

so the more you post (within reason), the faster you will get there. Starting threads that help others or asking questions will get you there in no time. Just look at my post count. And this forum is less than 2 years old.

Lee

Hey Westy,
Welcome to the mad house. You'll fit right in here. They are all lunatics for the RC goodness.
Guys, Westy flies on Phoenix, so hook up online and fly. I'll be there hopefully this weekend if cables, software and the moons are aligned correctly. :D

Westy

LEGEND
hey Lee .... Good to Be in with the Crew..... am keen as to fly on Phoenix with the Fellas.

Have you sold your 600 Trex yet?

Saw it in the For sale section on here .... looks like it only needs the landing gear, tail fin and electronics? an a canopy of course....

Cheers

Westy

LEGEND
Cheers Stokke! glad to be aboard..... looks like a great community .... been trolling through a lot of the topics and threads t get a grip on the action here !

Cheers
Westy

- - - Updated - - -

I will be doing a full set of videos on teh heli. I just uploaded the first one to introduce it to the members. From DX8 setup to 3GX, it will all be on video. Including the flights (or lack thereof with my flying skills lmao).

As for the editing, I think you will have that privileged at 100+ posts. I do this because I have had some trolls come in here and post one thing, then change it before I read it. The members that stick around for 100+ posts I trust a lot more than those that come in just to cause trouble lol. Hope you understand.

so the more you post (within reason), the faster you will get there. Starting threads that help others or asking questions will get you there in no time. Just look at my post count. And this forum is less than 2 years old.
Thanks Tony ... for the Run down. I assure you I am a good dude and am passionate about helping rather than hindering people .... (Just ask Lee .... he has seen me at work on other sites - no names ha ha)

Cheers,
Westy

Tony

Staff member
It's all good bro. It's just one of those things, if I do it to one member, I have to do it to all members. However with what you know, how you can help and what you can post, you will get to the 100 post mark in no time.

If at any time you need something edited before then, you can hit Lee or myself up and we will help you out.

murankar

Staff member
Welcome to to RCH, this is my first and only forum. I found everything I needed here and had no reason to explore the other sites. I also herd from members here just how bad they can be.

Again Welcome

Westy

LEGEND
Cheers..... I have been around the traps too ... some of those sites are Brutal! haha .... take a chill pill dudes!

wolfman76

Hey Whirly!!!! Things are awesome .... Frodo says Hi!
LMAO!!!! he said FRODO my precious!!!!! lol

Oh yes and welcome to the RC-HELP family my brutha from anutha mutha....obviously we are very glad to have ya....\
i also have realflight and phoenix if ya evr are gonna fly either unless you only have phoenix then just post up let us know and i am sure if someone is not busy we be happy to fly with ya i fly under this same name on both

Top Bottom