Well This Sucks...

Tony

Staff member
This last week has been quite hard on my body. We have done a lot of work in the garden, I have been doing a lot of work trying to repair all of the equipment that we use and it has taken its toll. Most of you know I have a bad back, which I have had since I was 16 years old. But with the years of being a mechanic, driving for many more years, my wrists just can't take much.

Saying that brings me into why I put this in this section. We have some storms on the way and I wanted to get on iRacing and try to get my Volusia setup for the Late Model done so that I could do a race. I also need to get a race done in the sprint cars. Well, I injured my left wrist pretty badly and the counter steering was just killing me. I made it about 3 laps and had to quit. It is even hurting just typing this which is why I have not posted much lately.

It hurts to sit in this chair at my desk, it hurts to type and there is no way I can turn allen wrenches to work on models. I'm hoping that the pain goes away soon because we are falling behind right now. But, I thought I would post here and give you an update on why I have not been posting much.

Jimbo

Sorry to hear that Tony, but at my age, aches and pain are normal. I find that Bourbon works very nicely.

Jim

Tony

Staff member
lol, I'm past the bourbon stage with this pain. There is not much that can keep me from working, but this is one of them. I have so much more to do out around the property that I can't do now because of this. Go go gadget muscle relaxers!!! lmao.

Tony

Staff member
Thanks Geena and Ivan. The pain will go away eventually. I'm pretty much used to it by now. Just can't do a lot when it decides to get bad.

Smoggie

Back pain is one of the worst things. Strong anti-inflammatory and painkillers should take the edge off it, but I guess you have tried them.

Tony

Staff member
Oh yea, I have tried every narcotic out there to kill the pain so I can at least sleep and try to relax the muscles in my back so it can stop hurting for a while. I hate taking pills! But sometimes, it's what you have to do. Should be better in a day or so, I hope lol.

Top Bottom