Well the right side in short hover periods during todays last flight

murankar

Staff member
Here is my second attempt at side in hover. I chose the right, why I don't know I just did. Now I do not spend a whole lot of time in the hover, just enough to start to get the feeling of it. If I felt at any time I was in trouble I set the heli down. A few times it was harder than I had intended. I will hopefully get more time in on this exercise as the week rolls on. I would like to move to left side by next weekend at the earliest. My orientation to the camera is off to the left but behind it. I am facing the small intersection like location in the middle of the screen. You will know when I am in side in when the heli starts to act erratic at times.

If I had someone here to push me a little I think I would have tried this sooner. I guess with helis you progress when you feel comfortable at flying. I did leave in my blade strike and I think I may need to think about new blades soon along with main shafts.

Today I found a free manual on the net from IRCHA.org. I have it printed and put in a presentation folder so I can pack it in my heli case. I am reading as this video uploads. I heard about it last night when it was suggested that I watch some videos from I heart heli.com. Anyhow this is the start of my next step I hope to progress more and more as my time in Korea dwindles down.

http://youtu.be/RcYBYDhGej8

murankar

Staff member
Since March of this year. I have been holding myself back and have been nervous about taking that next step. Yesterday was a mile stone when I got into forward flight while right side in. I am starting to gain more confidence in flying now and now that I can get into forward flight while right side in I want to get left side in. Then it onto the infamous nose in hover.

Hovering is a challenge, there are a lot of small stick movements to keep a stable hover. Then there is the wind that wants the heli do things you don't want it to, so you have to correct at the same time. Imagine holding a ball while trying to balance a ball that is on top of it. Other things that can play into it are your electronics, I have noticed an improvement in handling with these new servos. I also upgraded the dampeners in the head which also help out a lot. It's amazing to see how a $6 set of dampeners can change the over quality of handling.

Top Bottom