450 Well crap!

trainrider06

Every time I turn around there is another delay in getting my dang Dominator back in the sky!!!
The day I dumped it Really just kinda landed hard in the grass, so far I have had to replace tail boom, main gear, auto rotate gear, drive gear, and decided to get another set of blades too since the ones on it were just funky to begin with (one blade too thick of a root, and a lot heavier) and I sustained a little nick on the crappy blade anyway, so at least I'll have a good blade, the other one is fine. So I knew I stripped a servo, had a couple in stock that were used from a previous heli.
And then I found out why....or remembered why it was in my servo pile.....when I was resetting up the heli with the BeastX, as soon as I went to adjusting this particular servo, there is was! It has a very slight jitter to it, it buzzes too!
I had forgotten to put this one in my Junk servo pile and got it mixed up in my good pile.....and of course that as well this other one I think is a jittery pile of crap....So now I gotta tear this thing apart somewhat because my wires run right under the plate were the BeastX sits on the back of the heli on top! I am gonna try and thread it through there by taking the plug off....what a pain!
I have another one coming as well as some gears to fix the one that has stripped gears on it. I did find out in my investigations that a DS410 servo kit, the gear (the big one that strips for some reason is the same as the DS430 gear) I will save this jittery one for gear parts and such....and make sure I put it where it is supposed to go this time!

Admiral

I know your frustration, when building you think your doing the right thing hiding all the wiring, but regret it when you need to do a repair.

trainrider06

Yeah Keith it can be a real pain! I really need to study some of those people who manage their wiring in such a way that looks really neat and tidy. But I guess even then they still gotta tear the hell outta the thing, I guess its just a given, either run the wires outside or plan on a little work if something screws up!
Haha I just noticed I screwed something else up a bit ago, a very terrible mistake, that luckily didn't cost me my heli or hurting someone
I had installed my newer type feathering shafts incorrectly.
Instead of pulling the inner bearing out of the grip blade side, and moving it to the outside, I had it asp backwards......even a clear description of this in the instructions....although it says nothing about pulling the existing bearing out of the grip to do this....
450 new feathering shaft.jpeg

450 new feathering shaft.jpeg

Admiral

I agree it gets a bit confusing when they change things around, I now hold about 6 different types of feathering shafts in stock to accommodate the different 450 rotor heads that I have.

KLA

I've seen a lot of people take one side of the frame completely off so they can run their wiring on the inside if the heli and zip tie the wires to the other existing half if the frame. Not me. That's too much of a PIA when you need to change something. Yes, it looks good, but it's just too much hassle. I fish my wires thru the inside of the frame wherever I can with the frame together and keep them nice and neat and zip tied. Worst case, you have to cut a few zip ties off.

trainrider06

I am admittedly anal about my heli's not having anything mounted aside from the Reciver, or FBL unit on the outside.
Sadly I'd probably be one of the freaks that pull the side of a frame off to hide something.....lol
That's just me though, as long as someone is enjoying their heli's that's the goal. :)

KLA

Oh, my wires are all hidden too. I run them on the inside as much as I can, except on either end, the servo end or receiver end. I just don't take the side of the frame off to do it. I fish them thru wherever I can with a long and skinny set of needle nose pliers. It just rakes a few extra zip ties to keep them hidden.

Top Bottom