We can't edit our own posts?

fhu667

Oh man that is going to drive me crazy. If I find an error in my post I can't fix it. Now I'll have to proof it ten times or more..... :twitch:

callsign4223

Staff member
This is a security measure to stop spammers. You will be able able to edit your posts after you get 10 posts.

Tony

Staff member
lmao, 10, 100, 50... I need to teach my members and staff what everything is on here hahahaha.

The reason we don't allow editing by new members is we have had issues with members signing up just to become "Internet Rambo's" and talk smack to other members. Yes, the staff and I can read the "Old" post even after it's edited but the members can't. This has started a war on here that I would like to avoid from now on, hence a high post count (in relative terms). For those kind of people, and/or spammers, it is a high post count. But for the great members of this forum, it's a very easy post count to reach.

And I know you want to know what the definite number is, and it's 100. Ken gets the award for this one. I can assure you, you will reach 100 posts in no time flat. Just look at my post count lol.

If you do make a mistake in a post that you would like corrected, you can contact myself (which is probably going to take a while since I'm pretty busy right now), or Callsign4223, Coolgabsi, Derek or Lee and they (or I) can edit your post. Just make sure to include in your post the ENTIRE post what you want in your thread so that all the staff has to do is copy what you have, select all in your post and paste it.

Again, you will reach this post count in no time.

Ken Jackson

Asking questions are post so whatcha got???? Won't take long. I was suprised how fast it went, and yes I had the same question because of embarassing typos.

Ken
(Teachers Pet, LOL)

fhu667

I'm still not at 100..... Funny thing is that by the time I get there I will be so well practiced that I probably won't have the need to edit.

pvolcko

Pro tip: There are a lot of new user threads. Say "hi" (and a bit more!) on 40 of the latest and hit the new ones (probably doing better than 20 per week lately) and you'll be at your post threshold in no time. :)

Tony

Staff member
Just don't go over board. Use good judgement in saying "welcome to the forum" in those posts. There is a rule that you cna't pad your post count with stuff like that. However, I encourage all members to welcome new members to the forum.

pvolcko

:) I'm probably the worst offender. "Welcome aboard" or "Welcome aboard, ___" if they give a name. Sometimes I'll throw in a "Welcome to the forum!" instead.

Though if the intro includes something noteworthy to my interests I'll throw on some extra encouragement to post more on something in particular. I'm the same way in person, though. "Hi, how are ya". And that's about it until something peeks my interest or the other person is particularly engaging and manages to drag more out of me. Not a small talk guy.

Admiral

Well I don't think I've ever welcomed so many people on a forum before, although I do, do it on other forums and genuinely mean it. I have hopefully contributed meaningfully to several threads but your right Tony it hasn't taken long to get to 50 posts, this being number 50. But the fact that I'm off work sick and bored out of my skull has also helped. Really enjoying the diversity of the forum I have only been on Helicopter forums previously, but now find a lot of interest in what the Plank and Multi people have to contribute as well.

Tony

Staff member
I think it's a great forum, and not just because I own it. Even if I have a question, I can get answers on here. No need to go to any other forum.

Top Bottom