Quad WASP 280 Mini FPV Quad Frame from BlueSky RC

wolfman76

It is only slightly bigger then the palm of your hand. It has 3 settings beginner intermediate and advanced guy at the LHS was flying it around the store handled very good and he said it fully 3d capable when switched into advanced mode will do fast flips...

Stambo

Either you have a big hand or American inches are smaller than ours. :biggrin1:
I am picking it is almost the same size as the V959 which although I fly it inside, is much more comfortable outside.
I am all for getting the other half in to the hobby, go for it, just be prepared.
Once she masters the basics and then starts throwing it around outside, she may want bigger and faster. :)

Tasajara

We it happends... I just broke one this past weekend myself, it's just to much fun doing crazy Sh_t and flying low....

David at BlueSky just posted the replacement arms on his sight Monday, I bought a few myself...

WASP 280 Arms (replacement arms)

Last edited:

Tasajara

Cool... those leds are bright....I like those switching regulators. I got a step Up Regulator to power my camera on my mini.
The cam is 12v and the VTx outputs 5v so it worked out great. Put it in line with my Vtx to the camera .

Stambo

Cool... those leds are bright....I like those switching regulators. I got a step Up Regulator to power my camera on my mini.
The cam is 12v and the VTx outputs 5v so it worked out great. Put it in line with my Vtx to the camera .

I have the mini version of that camera and it runs happily on the 5v out of my fatshark vtx.
This is the one I have and it is brilliant.

Tasajara

Here are pics of all my mini Quads...

I will be starting a NEW Wasp with the 300mm arms to be run on 4s, just waiting on my motors to come in.

01-mini.JPG

02-mini.JPG

03-mini.JPG

01-mini.JPG

02-mini.JPG

03-mini.JPG

Tasajara

Guess what.... I sold the Orange one to a friend so.... I had to build another one,
I am using 300mm arms on this one with 6" props.
These are the motors that I ordered.... RCX H2206 1600KV Outrunner I wanted to make this one a 4s setup

I ordered the motors Nov 16th and they just shipped them today aaaarrggg....

So I decided to go ahead and paint my frame. I wanted to do something different.
This is how it turned out....

01 -Wasp 300.jpg

02 -Wasp 300.JPG

03 -Wasp 300.JPG

04 -Wasp 300.jpg

01 -Wasp 300.jpg

02 -Wasp 300.JPG

03 -Wasp 300.JPG

04 -Wasp 300.jpg

EyeStation

OK guy's, I think I am sold on this frame for my first mini build.
I have a cart full over there at BlueSkyRC including the V2 frame w/sony cam, a set of the 2400 motors w/the correct hardware, the 3 blade props and a couple 90° RF connectors. Before I pull the trigger, will my KK.2 flight controller with black foam case fit in the small area provided?
I am holding off on the ESC's right now till I see what room I will have left.

Thanks for a timely reply if possible.
djb

EyeStation

I went with the 2300 motors, and then the CC3D OpenPilot FC. 4-Emax 12A ESC with SimonK Firmware For the power plant. Dry fitting on Saturday. Time to look into my airbrush paint supplies to see what I have available to dress her up.

Tasajara

Be sure to post pics, and let us see how it turns out...
I have 3 wasp I will be building, but work is taking it's toll. 7 days a week 12 hrs a day geeeeessss no time to build or fly....

sdamer59

Hello all, I bought a WASP280 and failed terribly because I obviously did not know what I was doing. I attempted to power my WASP with Turnigy 1811 2900kv motors, Plush 6A ESCs, 5030 props, and Naze32 FC board (with Baseflight), 1300 mAh Zippy 2S LiPo. Just can't get it stable and lacks power. Then I found this thread.

I have some SunnySky X2204 2300kv motors and HK Blue Series 12A ESCs I was going to give a try.

Can any of you share perspective if X2204 2300kv motors with these ESCs would be acceptable on the WASP?

Really appreciate all the info Craig & Rod, you have been very helpful. Thanks for sharing so a newbee like me can get a kick start.

Top Bottom