Was bound to happen CRASHED my 500

Ken Jackson

I have really been trying lots of new things this season. I have done 5 consecutive flips, 5 consecutive barrel rolls and lots of inverted flights and hovers. I was flying with my buddy that got me into the sport. He already gave me a new set of blades and a front gear set. I'm pretty sure I have everything else I need to rebuild without buying any parts. Haven't been home since this happened so I'll know soon.

ken

TRex 500 Another crash - YouTube

Stambo

Ouch, that was some nice flying up until the oh sh** moment.
Oh well, what can you say, when you push the limits you will eventually find them. :)

Derek

That was really looking good, Ken! Nice job on the flight...up to the crash.

Ken Jackson

Gotta get it rebuilt so we can fly together Derek. That was my first thought, now I can't fly with Derek, lol. Should be back up soon.

wolfman76

dang ken sorry to see that man what happen just get a lil too close to the ground??? damage on mine did'nt turn out to too bad wosrt damage int the whole frame was destroyed. all the plates and broke a bunch of plastic ball links even bent the elevator ball link hope damage is'nt as bad my friend found out i my esc is probably toast but thankfully servos survived... good luck on the rebuild buddy mine is down an out for awhile.. was definitely some great flying up till that point...

Ken Jackson

Watched the video again, I should have crashed at the 3:07 mark. I can't believe it didn't hit there, lol Glad to here yours wasn't as bad Kyle. Let me know if you need any parts. I may need a few of the things I mentioned I could give you but some items I have a lot of. Glad I stocked up when money wasn't so tight. Sure helps getting back in the air quicker. So do friends helping out so don't be afraid to ask if you need something.

ken

wolfman76

cool thanks man appreciate that i did bend the tail boom at the baseand i was able to straighten the skid pipes and the struts survived probably got another esc just need to find it had it for the edf unit i got only thing that is gonna cost me is the new frame halves so far all i have found on ebay is 60 dollar cf frames the bottom plates battery tray and gyro mount all come together and aren't too bad less then 20

Last edited:

pvolcko

Ugh. Hate those goof ups. Especially after a "look at this roll rate" type comment. Hey! Hold my beer! Watch this! :)

Sorry bud. Hope the damage isn't too bad.

Derek

Gotta get it rebuilt so we can fly together Derek. That was my first thought, now I can't fly with Derek, lol. Should be back up soon.

No worries buddy. I'm working thus coming weekend and I'll be off on the following weekend. Maybe we can get together then.

Lee

Thats unfortunately why my flying hasn't improved much over the last year. Can't afford to crash :D LOL

Ken Jackson

Thanks tony. Sometimes I think I post too many videos but a member told me once it encourages others so I'll keep posting. I flew safe for a while but I decided to push myself this year and this was only my 2nd 500 Heli crash of 2014.

Officially crashed my 500 twice
My 450 PRO once
My VisionAire 4 times. Foamies are easy to fix, lol.

Ken

wolfman76

JEEEEZ i have had 5 flights this year and crashed twice first one wasnt my fault big wind gust blew it down first time breaking the landing strut causing it to flop on side and crash second was mine lost my orientation after tic tocs

Top Bottom