450 Warp 360 Motor bogging? Or ESC ging too low ? ???

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Warp 360 17t Koby 55 lV motor BOG??? - YouTube

You will see where I do pitch intensive manuevers, it'll sound like it shuts down.. But it desnt cause I am in TOTAL control.. everytime. So The BEC isnt the issue. No signal loss.. I went from 16t to 17t and I tried the lowest RPM possible.. 40 percent flat throttle (in vid 2 coming up) .. and still see that bogging...

Why do you thinl? TOO much pitch ?

Tony

Staff member
I have not watched the video, but going from 16 to 17 on your pinion will make it bog WORSE! Reduces the torque to the main gear.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I see what you are saying.. Exactly.. But the bird feels like its much more power (on the same RPM) as it had on 16t.. I know it shouldnt.. But people have had great results with 17t.. and I went to 17t and the bird has come ALIVE even MORE! Love it!! But Just this issue.. You think I should lower the cyclic travel and all?

Tony

Staff member
By going up on your pinion, you have increased the head speed giving you that snap that you were looking for. I would take 2º away from the collective and 1º from the cyclic and see how it acts then. That should keep it from bogging.

However, if you have a watt meter, stick it on there and see what kind of power that motor is pulling. From your description above, it's cutting the power. If that is happening, then it sounds like the ESC is trying to save its self from being killed due to too much power draw.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
By going up on your pinion, you have increased the head speed giving you that snap that you were looking for. I would take 2º away from the collective and 1º from the cyclic and see how it acts then. That should keep it from bogging.

However, if you have a watt meter, stick it on there and see what kind of power that motor is pulling. From your description above, it's cutting the power. If that is happening, then it sounds like the ESC is trying to save its self from being killed due to too much power draw.

Yeah but I also lowered the head speed ... In the second video I am on 40 percent governed .. Which is like 2500 rpm or so. And with 16t I used to fly 3000-3100rpm

I don't have a watt meter. What can I use? Is there an onboard one I can use

Ill go into ikon settings to check the cyclic and collective throws again. May be reducing the cyclic by a few too.. I don't know

I see what you are saying, that's what I was thinking too, that esc is protecting itself. But why at 40 percent flat governed rpm

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Tony

Staff member
Lower voltage, more load, higher amps, that would be my guess anyway. do you have a watt meter that you can stick on it?

Sorry for the late replies, restarting apache and MySQL and searching through the database trying to find this damn bug in the forum. I'm losing my mind...

Lee

It only seemed to happen when doing hard collective on your half piros. Seems like the ESC is drawing to much current and shutting down. Have you try to fly it on TC instead of Gov?

pvolcko

Did you adjust current limiting settings? On CC escs I have, on helis, it is recommended to disable or reduce current limiting from default settings. Also, did you set your outage cutoff too high? Could have the same effect.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
The koby has it all pre programmed and tuned . Thre isn't a lot you can or need to change on it

The governor gain is not even adjustable as it adapts to the motor .

It's not bogging by itself cause if you hear the motor slow starts almost after the "bog"

Discussing around, it feels like a firmware issue. Motor is rated for 40A max draw with 6S

Lee

The Koby has had a few problems with the Compass and Scorpion motors. I thought the new firmware had sorted that out.?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
New firmware was made compatible with scorpion.. And compass motor was like grandfathered into it by testing.. Guess it wasn't ready all the way

Tony

Staff member
It may be rated for 40a, but with that bigger pinion, you could be pulling more. You need a watt meter.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I do I know .... :/

For now .... I am gonna do this... I went to 16t tonight. And I have comparable head speeds set on throttle curve (flat governed 2850----3100---3300 rpm) .. Which is actually more than what I was running on 17t.

And now I am gonna see if it bigs again.

Lee

Dude, You're not suppose to test it to destruction :( But at least you got the test done before the crash.

Top Bottom