450 Warp 360 Love

fhu667

I don't know how else to say it. I love the way this thing flies. I think I'm running my head-speed a little low (2900 rpm), so I'd like to know what everyone else runs theirs at. Also, I do like it a little on the low side since it tames things down. This is the biggest heli I've flown, so I can only compare it to my Align 450s. The Warp just seems really stable, and everything seems like it happens so slow. I think that is because it just seems so smooth.

I was doing some half flips and holding inverted. Then when I exited, i was flipping back out the way I came into it. I feel like I'm using an extreme amount of collective to get it to pitch back out from that inverted hover. Anyway, for the last time I tried it I decided that I would pitch out from inverted just a little bit and give a ton of negative collective. My thought was it might look like a big rainbow. Well about 50 yards across the sky (estimate) the tail blew out, but luckily it righted itself and regained the tail. Could the tail blowing out be due to the low headspeed? Could it be that I started to stall the heli? I'm running Ikon as my FBL, and maybe that could be a problem with the way I have it setup. That is the only time I have seen anything strange with the tail on this bird, but I only have about 5 or 6 flights on it.

Lee

Glad you like it.
Its by far the best heli i have flown, but i haven't flown my Goblin yet :D
I have my head speed set to
2700, 2900, 3000
Generally i fly at 2900.
Never had the tail blow out, even doing full collective funnels. Which if anything will blow it out that will. I also have the Ikon in it.
What are you Tail gain settings?
Does it have the original tail pulley in it, or the 19T? The 19T is design for higher head speeds.
What are you 3 Banks set to?
Enjoy it, I love mine :)

fhu667

In my Ikon settings I have my governor set at
speed 1: 2600
speed 2: 2900
speed 3: 3200

Funny thing about that though....
When I set my DX8 for flight mode 0, I thought I set it for the first value as 0% and then the rest of the values at 30%. However, it wouldn't lift off the ground.
When I set my DX8 for light mode 1, I use a flat throttle curve of 60%. That's what I fly at, and it should be 2900 RPMs.
In flight mode 2 is have a flat 100% at 3200 RPMs. I never fly on this though.
I calculated my gear ration as 7.5, but I didn't actually count the teeth on my gears. I used a 15/120 gear count, because after doing some reading that's what I thought it should be. I wonder if I should actually pull the motor and count the teeth?
Then I used a sensing divisor of 4.
I also might be using a bigger battery, an 1800 mah 6s. That might add some weight, but I wouldn't think would contribute to anything with the tail.

I didn't change my tail gains from what they were. 25,40,0,0,420,50.

As for the 3 banks.... I didn't set them up. I wasn't sure how to do it, and I wasn't sure why I would need them. Would those be tied into the flight mode switch? I could use a little direction here for sure.

Lee

I run a YEP esc.
My throttle curves are.
N @ 65% flat
1 @ 75% flat
2 @ 85% flat

16t is the stock pinion, 135/16 = 8.43.

My tail gain is set in my Transmitter at.

N @ 20%
1 @ 18%
2 @ 17%

Having the banks set up allows you to have one set to defaults and two set up to test different settings.
So you can play with one setting on two banks and if its not working, flick back to your default and just enjoy flying it.

fhu667

so what button are you using to switch between banks?

- - - Updated - - -

And it looks like I may notice a difference when I change my gear ratio.

Lee

I use my gear switch. Its only a two position, but i only need two banks :)

Top Bottom