450 WARP 360 Build

fhu667

Well I started my build this weekend. The manual has been pretty easy to follow so far, and I'll post some pictures of what things look like.

20140308_101715.jpg

The manual comes in PDF format, and was pretty easy to read with my tablet. The parts come in a lot of sealed packages, and the bigger pieces are tied with a silver bread tie to the cardboard. It makes everything look nice. This is the first kit I've built, so I'm not sure how the other kits look. Each package with screws and bolts, has a corresponding instruction step number, so it makes it pretty easy to find the right hardware. Sometimes I did have to go to multiple bags to get all the parts for a step. That did get a bit tiring.

20140308_103700.jpg

I started by building the main blade grips. They went together easy, and they look nice. I hope they function reliably.

20140308_112757.jpg

Then I had to attach the blade grips to the main rotor and the swash. I never knew that ball links had a certain way that they were to be attached. I'm sure glad I read the instructions. I also had never heard of a ball link sizer. Luckily I didn't need them for the mains, but the tail is a different story.

20140308_123104.jpg

I assembled the tail and attached it to the tail boom. I didn't take a picture of the rear blade assembly attached, but it is way too tight. It's the ball links. I guess I'll make a trip to the LHS today to see if I can buy a ball link sizer. That seemed like a good time to stop and go fly.

20140308_101715.jpg

20140308_103700.jpg

20140308_112757.jpg

20140308_123104.jpg

fhu667

One question I do have is about what appears to be a piece of carbon fiber that is used to reinforce the control horns. It just so happens that this step has no step number and no instructions. I'm guessing a Google search will probably help me out, but here is what it looks like.
control horn.png

control horn.png

murankar

Staff member
That's the servo arm reinforcement. It will attach to the servo arm. You can add it once your done with centering the arms.

As you were, when tour ready to add the ball links the add that piece. The ball link will hold it in place untill it is attached to the servo.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Last edited:

fhu667

That's the servo arm reinforcement. It will attach to the servo arm. You can add it once your done with centering the arms.

As you were, when tour ready to add the ball links the add that piece. The ball link will hold it in place untill it is attached to the servo.

Is the reinforcement to be used on all of the servos or just the tail servo? I think they sent me 3 of them, so that should answer my question I suppose. Just how necessary and effective are these?

- - - Updated - - -

And how is it attached? Does it get CA'd to the control horn?

murankar

Staff member
They should be added to the cyclic if you only got three

Deater from rc heli nation did a video build series on this kit. He covers the details this part of the build.

I think his channel name is rcdbutz.

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I don't use them. Not needed in my opinion.. I throw my bird around a lot.. I want the horns to break first before my servo gears stripping.. So to save me $$$... So I don't use them

Lee

Ditto. Never bothered with them. No problems after a year of flying. Screws that came in the kit were too short anyway :D

fhu667

The PDF instructions look clear and easy to follow.. Should be a fun build

The only problem I have with the instructions is that I have noticed on three or four steps that the step number and parts list is missing. It's easy enough to figure out what step you're on, but you'd think that since this is electronic that it would have been corrected.

- - - Updated - - -

I went ahead and assembled the servo arms like they said. I started assembling the frame last night, and I had to attach the servos. I can only imagine what a pain it's going to be if I ever have to replace one of those servos. The entire frame will have to come apart won't it?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
yep.. thats another reason why I would rather have the servo horn break so replacement is one screw and then just setting it 90, than, to take apart the frame to get to the servo to change on gear and then again do the 90 and levelling process :)

fhu667

So I decided to ignore Gaba, and I put the carbon fiber pieces on the control arms. I'm sure I'll post later about how difficult it was to get the servo out to rebuild it!

I then joined the fuselage halves together and mounted the motor and belts.

warp halves joined.jpg

Then I thought I'd screw around with putting some loom over the servo wires.... I kind of like the green, but I know that I'll never take the time to replace it when something breaks.

warp wire loom.jpg

I mounted the FBL, but I took it off later. It'll get mounted somewhere in that position, but I'm not sure exactly where. I'm thinking the ESC will be mounted under the FBL controller. I also have a BEC I was going to use, but I'm not sure where it will be mounted. I'm open to suggestions.

warp halves joined.jpg

warp wire loom.jpg

Tony

Staff member
I ignore Gaba all the time, it's no thang lol. Heli is looking great. Let us know how those servos work for you.

fhu667

I hope those servos work out well. I bought 5 from the international warehouse, and then they came back in stock in the USA warehouse, so I ordered 4 from there not wanting to wait. Then some guy posted 3 of them up for sale on one of the forums at a price I couldn't pass up. You'd think I bought stock in Turnigy.

Lee

Looks good so far.
Did you do the electrical tape mode to the servos, to isolate the circuit from the case?

fhu667

I did not. I saw that mod, and the used ones I bought had them done. Gaba talked me out of it with his infinite wisdom...... Have you seen any fail? I really don't want to take those servos out.

Top Bottom