Misc Warm battery & ESC

WyDiablo

I ran a 3S 5000-30C battery and a 4S 5000-40C battery both batteries and the esc's are slightly warm but not hot. The hexa is right at 3.5 to 4 lbs so is this normal running temp for setup like this on a hexa? I also run 30Amp esc's and the hover time was at 5 minutes. So I'm just wondering if this would be a normal operation. This is the first time that they have felt warm and I always check then after each flight in case I need to let it cool off before anther flight.

Last edited:

WyDiablo

I was thinking that because of the weight it might be pulling more juice under that load. I remember back when I flew my Trex500 really hard the battery heated up big time. A quick question on battery flight time. Too figure out how many minutes that I can extend my flight time after charging a battery. I take the time it takes to charge a battery and divide that into the Mah's that's put back into the battery and that will give me how many mah that is used in a minute correct?

Last edited:

Lee

Batteries make great hand warmers in cold weather after a hard flight LOL :D
As Sam said, warm is fine, hot is not.

RMB677

My charger tells me how many mAh's are put back into the battery so after a few recharges I have a fix on what flight time will keep me under the 80% recommended limit. Even with less than 80% my batteries get warm. 3S, 2200 mAh, 35C

WyDiablo

Yea, I have a charger that does the same thing. Tells how many Mah's are put back into the battery and what rate its charging and the time it took to put the Mah's back in the battery. Today I ram the 4S 5000 40C battery at a hover for 5 minutes and it put back 2772 Mah and took 44 minutes to do that also. So I think that comes out to 63 Mah's a minute

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I use a battery warning device. It beeps when the batteries get to a set point. Plus the NAZA has a battery warning built in too. When the led light starts to blink rapidly red it's time to bring her in.

Top Bottom