600 Want to make sure it will fit.

DAL2855

Banned
I purchased an FBL head for my 600 build, and I didn't pay any attention to the listing, It says it's for the 550 and 600 E DFC Pro birds, the one I am building is a Nitro bird. It's a CNC DFC Head, will this head still fit the main shaft on my Nitro bird?

- - - Updated - - -

Align Pro DFC Head.JPG

This is the pic of the head I purchased!

Align Pro DFC Head.JPG

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
It will fit the shaft but if you have a ESP or regular FBH, the shaft is to long and to get the full benefits you need the dfc shaft dfc Swatch and linkages!

DAL2855

Banned
It comes with the swash and linkages from swash to head, are the linkages from servos to swash different too? I am building a Nitro version 600. It's actually a Compass Knight .50 which is a 600 class bird. Nitro model!

heli-maniac

the main shaft is not the same on a nitro bird but the rest will work you can pick up the right shaft at A main hobbies
the one that comes in that kit is for a electric 550 0r 600 pro
and i can all use a spare main shaft for my 550 HINT HINT
the servo to swash links should be fine
is this the 70.00 kit if so it is not a complete head set up it is just the dfc links and head block and peaces that mount to the blade grips and main shaft
if its the 125.00 kit then yes its every thing you will just need the main shaft for a nitro 600 dfc

Last edited:

DAL2855

Banned
Yes this is the complete kit with Swash Plate. I sent the seller a question about whether it would work or not, and they said that I would need a longer shaft on the Nitro for the DFC head. That the normal Nitro Shaft is 163mm and I need the 169mm-170mm shaft length to make it DFC. Is this true?

DAL2855

Banned
I wonder why then the seller would be telling me I needed a longer shaft then? Guess I'll just have to wait until I get the Helicopter kit and the Head combo and make all the measurements. What is the difference between the two heads? just the length of travel is why it uses the shorter shaft?

- - - Updated - - -

Looking on the amainhobbies website at the combo, the main shaft says it's 163.3mm.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/2_375_1498_377/products_id/227704/n/Align-600DFC-Main-Rotor-Head-Upgrade-Set

So then will I need the longer shaft for swashplate travel maybe? I dunno. What is the travel supposed to be on the DFC swashplate? Or maybe do I need to go ahead and install the head and find out what the pitch is on the blades that I am getting overall and see if the swashplate is travelling far enough to get the full +12 and -12 degrees of pitch respectively?

DAL2855

Banned
Mine is coming with a Nitro shaft already in it. Guess I just need to wait until I get the helicopter and head combo and then check the amount of travel on the swashplate before ordering a different shaft correct?

DAL2855

Banned
Or maybe should I just go ahead and order the 600N DFC Nitro shafts so that I have them just in case I need them?

Westy

LEGEND
Just try it and see.... you will know soon enough as you will not be able to get your bolt hole to line up on the main gear.

DAL2855

Banned
Westy, I already ordered the DFC main shaft set so I should be good to go now right? If I change out the existing shaft for the 600N DFC shaft that I ordered?

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Just try it and see.... you will know soon enough as you will not be able to get your bolt hole to line up on the main gear.

All of the shafts are going to fit the main gear. He differences will be in the hight of the head and lenthes on the links! Once again what makes a dfc head work is the lowered center of gravity. Otherwise a 3G head woukd work just has good.

DAL2855

Banned
Ok so do I need to look up the DFC model to get my initial lengths of the servo arms then? and not use the original lengths?

Top Bottom