500 want a goblin 500, but... need to know just what parts can go over to it.

idon'tknow!

rc-help EXPERT.......????
Hi guys, I've decided that I want a goblin 500, i'm going to sell my t-rex 500 for it, but i want to know If a t-rex 500 motor would work, becuase I happen to have a motor that is not being used and is a 500 size; but however the goblin is spinning 500mm blades comparison to the t-rexs 425mm, So my question is Could i use my motor on the t-rex for it. Also I have 3 3000mah 40C 6S battery's, as well as a futaba standard tail servo, so these are the things I'm thinking of transfering, oh yes the motor is 1600KV; my cyclic servos aren't transferable (to cheap). nor is the ESC (again to cheap) So maybe someone can tell me if my motor/tail servo/bats.... thanks in advance!

Westy

LEGEND
Depends on what you want out of it ....

If you want the look and not the grunt or performance .... then you have an entirely different setup to full on ....

or you can go middle of range.

Normal or Sports Flying only

Motor Suggestions:

NORMAL TO SPORT FLYING
HK-4015-1070, Quantum 4115-1200

3D to Hard 3d

Scorpion HKIII-4020-1100/1350, Quantum 4120-1200,KDE DIRECT 500XF-1450 HP BRUSHLESS MOTOR

or Super Hard Core PYRO 600-1200,

ESC SUGGESTION

YEP 100LV(2s - 6s) WITH UBEC for norm to 3D ... or hard core go YEP 120 HV (NO UBEC AS IS AN OPTO) = 4s - 14s for full on head spinning .....

If it were me, I would go the 120 then you can upgrade a motor if you need to go PRO!
SERVOS

CYCLIC = Align DS-515

Tail Align DS-655

Last edited:

idon'tknow!

Depends on what you want out of it ....

If you want the look and not the grunt or performance .... then you have an entirely different setup to full on ....

or you can go middle of range.

Normal or Sports Flying only

Motor Suggestions:

NORMAL TO SPORT FLYING
HK-4015-1070, Quantum 4115-1200

3D to Hard 3d

Scorpion HKIII-4020-1100/1350, Quantum 4120-1200,KDE DIRECT 500XF-1450 HP BRUSHLESS MOTOR

or Super Hard Core PYRO 600-1200,

ESC SUGGESTION

YEP 100LV(2s - 6s) WITH UBEC for norm to 3D ... or hard core go YEP 120 HV (NO UBEC AS IS AN OPTO) = 4s - 14s for full on head spinning .....

If it were me, I would go the 120 then you can upgrade a motor if you need to go PRO!
SERVOS

CYCLIC = Align DS-515

Tail Align DS-655

Thanks Westy! would this motor do the trick?... i can get it with the 500 for a slightly cheaper price. QUANTUM Outrunner Brushless Heli Motor (4120- 1200KV) -- Goblin 500 (QT-4120-1200) - HeliDirect --

it's a good thing you told me to go with a 120, because I was looking at a talon 90, but I couldn't find as much as a photo of a yep 120 HV, so I'm wondering if this would work. Scorpion 130 amp 12-cell HV ESC - 600 and 700 class Electric Helis - Version 6 (130AHVESC) -
now for servos. Good those are the same cyclic servos I was thinking of, but one question, so you don't think the futaba servo would work? i know you were saying something about it needing to have something to reduce the voltage coming to it, or somethin like that. If it can't work no big loss, just another item to sell with the 500. I'm sure that I can build a higher end model, but it's just going to take time... can't spend 2000 right like that... have to do it slowly so no one notices :sneakiness::sneakiness::sneakiness::sneakiness: and a little:greedy_dollars::greedy_dollars:

Westy

LEGEND
hey,

your Futaba will work ..... but it will need to be regulated as that servo is only rated at 4.8V max...... so if you put 6 in it ..... POOF!

As far as Yep's .... they are Pretty much exact COPIES OF the YGE which set you back about $400.00 ..... the YEP .... I picked mine up from HObby King for super special price ... you will need a programming card

Hobbyking YEP ESC Programming Card in Hobbyking
20698-2(1).180.jpg

you can go the 100LV 2-6s job with UBEC
Hobbyking YEP 100A (2~6S) SBEC Brushless Speed Controller in Hobbyking

or the 120HV ... like in my Gobby 630 ... you will need a BEC (I got hte Align one ... comes with a 5.1V reg for your Futaba servo) and a 2S lipo to feed juice to your servos...
I prefer the BEC method personally due to if the ESC fails and you lose UBEC ... at least you got servo control if nothing else ..... which if your UBEC cooks ... you got nothing full stop! SPLAT! haha

Here is the HV version

Hobbyking YEP 120A HV (4~14S) Brushless Speed Controller (OPTO) in Hobbyking

REally good prices ... and they do not come around much .... the 120 usually goes for over $125USD

- - - Updated - - -

that scopion will definately doo the job ... bit of an overkill though ... and Xey ..... i would personally stay away from the Talon as they are kknown to Fireball...... they seem to survive a lot longer with a ripple cap pack (CASTLES OWN PRODUCT)

idon'tknow!

hey,

your Futaba will work ..... but it will need to be regulated as that servo is only rated at 4.8V max...... so if you put 6 in it ..... POOF!

As far as Yep's .... they are Pretty much exact COPIES OF the YGE which set you back about $400.00 ..... the YEP .... I picked mine up from HObby King for super special price ... you will need a programming card

Hobbyking YEP ESC Programming Card in Hobbyking
20698-2(1).180.jpg

you can go the 100LV 2-6s job with UBEC
Hobbyking YEP 100A (2~6S) SBEC Brushless Speed Controller in Hobbyking

or the 120HV ... like in my Gobby 630 ... you will need a BEC (I got hte Align one ... comes with a 5.1V reg for your Futaba servo) and a 2S lipo to feed juice to your servos...
I prefer the BEC method personally due to if the ESC fails and you lose UBEC ... at least you got servo control if nothing else ..... which if your UBEC cooks ... you got nothing full stop! SPLAT! haha

Here is the HV version

Hobbyking YEP 120A HV (4~14S) Brushless Speed Controller (OPTO) in Hobbyking

REally good prices ... and they do not come around much .... the 120 usually goes for over $125USD

- - - Updated - - -

that scopion will definately doo the job ... bit of an overkill though ... and Xey ..... i would personally stay away from the Talon as they are kknown to Fireball...... they seem to survive a lot longer with a ripple cap pack (CASTLES OWN PRODUCT)

ok, I will look at my options... one question are most castle ESC's good? because i could get something like this PHOENIX EDGE 100 (32V 100 AMP) BRUSHLESS ESC W/5A BEC (010-0100-00) - HeliDirect -- Best Customer, but I will look into those VEP ESC's might be something there... that futaba servo sounds like to much work.. Think I will sell it with the 500, and get a align one that can withstand higher voltage.

Westy

LEGEND
I do not know personally .... but I have read a lot of the Castles Burn up!..... (wish I had read the heaps of issues the IKON has ..... with its SL function)

idon'tknow!

hmm. anything other than castle or the YEP's you showed are like 200-800$ I will see if i could get a used heli, or ESC, or servos, or FBl, just something to give a little cushion for a more $$$ part.

- - - Updated - - -

update... think i found my cushion... a used airframe... 450.

Westy

LEGEND
yup .... name of the game unfortunately .... pretty hard to build a CLONE goblin .... ya would be the laughing stock of the airfield when the canopy came off and they saw Turnigy PLush ESC ... or a EC3 HK motor ... heh heh.....

idon'tknow!

no not that one... i saw another thread where the guy wanted a t-rex 500 + a little money... had all the bells and whistles, so hopefully it will go through and i will have a goblin.

Top Bottom