450 Walkera V450DO1

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hello Everyone. New here. Need some expertise advice on upgrading my stock servos & esc on my heli "V450 DO1" I would appreciate the advice and must stay within semi low budget. Have a good day everyone!

Confused in FLA!

Tony

Staff member
After searching for a while, I can find NO information on those servos. All that I have found is they are digital and metal gear. Why are you wanting to change them? If they are 9g servos, then something like the EXI D213F servo from hobbypartz would work out pretty good. Also, the Solar D650's would also work. But, ONLY if they are micro size, like the 9g servos. If these are 5g sized servos, then those two that I posted will not work as they are larger.

I am getting ready to test out some new servos, and if you would like, you can try them out as well, But again, I would like to know why you are wanting to replace them.
Corona DS929HV (7.4v) MG Digital Servo 2.4kg/ 12.5g/ 0.09sec (USA Warehouse)

As for the ESC, that is just a 40a ESC. You can put a YEP ESC on it and it will work great! Slow spoolup and all. Below is a link to a buddy code that will save you some coin!
Hobbyking YEP 45A (2~6S) SBEC Brushless Speed Controller (USA Warehouse)

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thank you for the 411 Mr. Tony! The stock servos and " specially" the esc, i had short life time with them after 3 times! Like to try something else. I will try out the servos and esc that you recommended. Stock servos "$ 30.00 a pop" vs $8.00, sounds good to me! Thanks for your help. Keep up the good work!!

Tony

Staff member
It's my pleasure. The YEP as I stated is supposed to be a great ESC. The Corona servos I have no time with so don't know anything about them, but do have them on order. so I will know for sure soon. But, I have used the EXI D213F servos and they are great. Digital and metal gear. The Solar D650's are pretty good and they are what I'm running on my HK450GT right now. I"m having an issue once in a while with the elevator servo, but I think the bolts that tighten it to the frame are too tight causing it to lock up. But, I have not had a failure iwth it yet, and I have flown them about 5 times so far. More once my parts come in on Thursday.

I would highly suggest that if you are flying CCPM already, move up to something that is a bit better. Obviously Align is what I'm going to suggest, but if you follow the video that I will be making in the next few weeks, you can get a clone, then just put Align parts on it. I will be doing a full series on building a clone the correct way.

Top Bottom