Setups Waiting Waiting Waiting...

Stambo

Well I went and did it. On Sunday night I hit the go button on a HoryzonHD V3.
This cam has been designed for RC flight video and FPV, will record in 1080p and has a dedicated video out to the video tx.
Now I have to wait for it to arrive, that is the worst bit. I used EMS express and it said 4 to 8 days.
I seem to be checking tracking information every 30 minutes to keep up with any changes.
I will let everyone know what I think of it and post some vids when I get it but from 3 different trusted sources it seems to be pretty good.
Flitetest, Mikeys RC and RC Model reviews have all given it the thumbs up so hopefully I won't be disappointed.
I WANT IT NOW!!! :)

WOOHOO status has changed to picked up :)

Last edited:

WyDiablo

Yea, I'm sitting here waiting on my gopro replacement and my 600TVL had camera. Talk about a slow boat from China wow. I ordered the 600TVL camera on the 3rd day of this month and I sent my goprop back to the company the last part of April. So I"m also checking for tracking numbers on a regular bases. Good luck with that camera I almost ordered that camera myself and I may have wished I did lolol.

Stambo

Status changed to "Left country of origin" at 3:50pm yesterday, I may have it by the weekend.

WyDiablo

Well I have not heard anything on the gopro except it has supposed to have shipped last Friday from Cal. but still no tracking number. And for the 600TVL camera it has been dispatched to the US for a few days now and still has not make it here yet. Can't those peopel affort motors for the slow boats?

Stambo

Well I have not heard anything on the gopro except it has supposed to have shipped last Friday from Cal. but still no tracking number. And for the 600TVL camera it has been dispatched to the US for a few days now and still has not make it here yet. Can't those peopel affort motors for the slow boats?

Maybe the wind is blowing the wrong way for the balloon. :)

WyDiablo

LOL This is why I really hate to order stuff from China. Great price on their junk but it takes a llloongggg time to get here.

WyDiablo

Wow hard to believe that I got my Hero camera and the 600TVL camera in the same day. And the one from China stills show that its been dispatched to the USA lolol. One really nice thing is that my hero 2 camera was zapped by thier latest firmware to where it did not work anymore. I sent the hero 2 in for a replacement and they sent me the hero3 black edition.

Stambo

Wow hard to believe that I got my Hero camera and the 600TVL camera in the same day. And the one from China stills show that its been dispatched to the USA lolol. One really nice thing is that my hero 2 camera was zapped by thier latest firmware to where it did not work anymore. I sent the hero 2 in for a replacement and they sent me the hero3 black edition.

Cool, so we can expect some vids from you soon then?
Mine is still showing left country of origin.
I have a V959 coming from Banggood and that is showing the same status.

WyDiablo

How did that camera work out Stambo? My 600TVL camera turned out to be junk and I guess I'll send it back for a refund. Let us know the results on that camera I might buy one.

Stambo

I am still waiting for it to arrive. Its tracking status is still left country of origin.
Maybe someone shot the pigeon and is having pie as I type this.
All that said, I hope to have it in the next day or two and will report my findings.

Stambo

Woohoo time!! It has finally arrived in New Zealand.
I should have it in my hands tomorrow. :triumphant:

Stambo

IT'S HERE, I HAVE IT IN MY HAND!!! (sorry about the caps Tony but I'm excited)

Expect videos soon if the weather cooperates.

Now I'm going home to hook it all up and see what it's like.
I guess being the boss has it's advantages. :)

Stambo

This is my first capture with my new Horyzon HD V3.
Capable of 1080p but I shot in 720p 60fps.
It was pretty windy and the sun had gone down but I just had to try it.
I fitted the pan tilt that Foxtech have for it but am only using the tilt at the moment as you can see in the vid.
I have it hooked to a dial on my tx.

I am a bit annoyed by the artefact that appears at the top right.
On further investigation it seems there is something inside the lens of the camera.
I'll have to contact the seller to see what can be done.
Other than that I am pretty happy with it.

You may want to turn down the volume as this is raw unedited video.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
OH that was much better with the iris than the last one you showed us.

As for the speck, you are right, it's not an artifact, it's just a speck of dirt or dust. Hopefully you can remove the outer lens and blow the dirt off.

Stambo

I can't wait to get it up in some nice weather.
The video out to the fpv goggles is much better than the stock fatshark camera too.
It even looks good on the plasma, the stock cam was garbage at that size.
Hope the weather is good on the weekend, forecast for Saturday morning is looking pretty good and my spotter is available so it's FPV time. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom