Waiting on my 2 new camera

DavidDutch

So for my quad which is on the way (probably after x-mas) I am in for 2 camera's.

! already ordered last week in the UK and 1 I am going to pick up locally tomorrow for a discount price.
When I have received them both maybe I will make a short comparison between them and post it here , although I know there are 1000's of review about them

underneath both the cameras

the expensive one :wink:

a3e29d65d20037ee339aefd5795c1fbc.image.750x523.JPG

and the cheap one :whistle:

$_84.JPG

Why 2 camera's,
mmm good question already purchased the Möbius which I know has a very good result, is small capabilitys for fpv, etc
the second just came across today on a local website if ordered between 21.00- 0.00 online 25% discount and so I bought this one aswell has a pretty good video resolution, is an upright camera where the mobius is lying, has wifi (for what its worth, has a box full of accessories and I can take it maybe for rainy/ snowy days because it has case.

Also for the gimbal I am building, they they will both fit on perfect because of the screw which fit both.

so we will see

Lee

I have been flying with the mobius for a few weeks now.
Very nice camera. Not as good quality video as my Gopro but good enough.
It fits perfectly on my mini racing quad. I have use the GP on that as well, but the size is awkward for weight and aerodynamics.
Heres a link to the software, so you can change the settings on the Mobius.
Software | Mobius Actioncam

DavidDutch

Yes mobius is perfect for me. And I don't compare it with a GoPro, maybe when the gopro comes around the same price like the 55eur and 40 euro i paid , I am going to compare them.:wink:

thanks for the link but already had it, I looked already about 3 years for the camera. Maybe I have one question about the mobius. since there are a lot of different FW's I also see a lot of different image quality's which FW is the best to run or just the latest?

DavidDutch

One camera is in the house , so tomorrow will examine it on the quality of the videos. (if not raining)

First impression simple , but well build with alu and plastic case, a lot off accessories, a simple manual (actualy 10 in different languages),

the wifi seems to work ok (did expect more lag but looks fun) but will be not used except if I fly that the wife can look on a tablet or something like that, no light so will be doing video tomorrow when I have daylight.
I don't expect a lot then it can only be good :)

Stambo

Turn off the WIFI if you are running 2.4 RC.
It may over power your RX once you get a bit of range and we know what happens next. :(

DavidDutch

I hardly doubt that the Denver will be on the quad. it is quite heavy with the case for a small quad. so it will be used for steady cam instead of my regular camcorder. then I have much wider view and my wife can see it on the tab :)

I have made few test this afternoon (dark clouds, rainy weather) and have to say that the video quality was not that bad. It is quite reasonable.

Now trying to rotate the video without loss or convertion :( because was hanging up side down in my car.

callsign4223

Staff member
Stambo wasn't talking about weight issues, he was talking about RF interference issues. Wifi operates over 2 wireless frequencies, 2.4ghz and 5 ghz. Most transmitters sold these days also operate on the 2.4ghz frequency. If you use a transmitter that operates on the 2.4ghz frequency and leave wifi on the camera they will interfere with each other.

What this means in reality is that you will lose control of your aircraft once the range exceeds a certain distance. The distance at which you lose control is a factor of the power output of the wifi signal from the camera and the power output of your transmitter. When the TX is close to the aircraft it will be able to overpower the signal from the camera. Once the aircraft starts to move away from the TX though the camera signal starts to overpower the TX signal since the camera is on the aircraft with the RX and the TX is on the ground wherever you are. At the point where the signals are about even you will see brownouts and begin to lose control. If the aircraft continues to move away from you total loss of control is the outcome.

DavidDutch

I know what he means but Like said, I am not using the camera "with wifi" on a quad or helicopter so don't see the issue ??? On the quad or heli is just the Möbius camera nothing else. Even when that camera will be mounted it will be without wifi but also like said I hardly doubt that, due to the weight case + camera 180gr. So don't worry there will be no internet on my fleet :rotflmao:

callsign4223

Staff member
Ok, I think I understand now. We were just worried that you were planning on flying with the wifi enabled since you made mention of your wife watching on a tablet. I didn't realize that you recorded the flight from the ground as well as FPV.

DavidDutch

yes normally used my regular camcorder but this has only limited small view the Denver has 120 angle so can see everything without flying out of the picture

Tony

Staff member
You are making me want one of these cameras. Post up when you have the video ready. I think windows movie maker can rotate the video and not loose much quality. But when you upload to youtube, it's compressed anyway so it should look about the same.

DavidDutch

oh I totally forgot. Will upload a better one (when have it) since this one is twice edited (1 time Vegas and one time youtube), and the Original is much better. But still have to say for the 50UsD which I paid for with all the accessoiries, it is not really bad :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
I was thinking that you guys drive on the left over there like in EU.

Other than the LED's causing flickering (always happens at 30fps), it's a really good quality video.

All of these little cars and at about 9:45, there is a nice big Dodge Ram with a trailer. Ah, a little bit of home lol.

Top Bottom