Other Vrx Connection Problem

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there. I just bought a external Lumenier RX5GDR 5.8G diversity receiver to make a ground station. My goggles has an internal diversity antenna that I cant turn off. The two wants to clash with each other. So I decided to use my laptop for my FPV viewing instead. My question is if this setup that I came up with will work before I spend any more money. I have from right to left IMG_2362.JPG My Lumenier diversity VRX output going into my security camera converter box input. From the converter box output I need to purchases a HDMI / micro HDMI cable to going into my laptop. The Laptop doesn't have a VGA. Before I purchases this HDMI/Micro HDMI cable which is almost $30.00, I would like to know if this set up will work. I also have a Toshiba DVD recorder that I can also use. I would like my laptop to be used as my FPV viewing. Any help or ideas will be appreciated :).

Tony

Staff member
Where is the micro HDMI cable going? If you are plugging into the computer, usually on most computers, the HDMI is output only for a separate monitor. You would need an HDMI capture card and those things are expensive as hell. Better to use a high refresh rate monitor. You can get those cheaper than you can a capture card.

Tony

Staff member
That one from walmart should work just fine. It is stating 5ms response time which is acceptable. It doesn't state what the refresh rate is though. But it should work just fine.

As for it plugging in where the power cable goes, you have lost me here. can you post a picture?

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Here you go. The cable that's coming out of the 2 in 1 laptop/tablet is the power and right above that there's a micro HDMI port IMG_2363.JPG If that doesn't work then that monitor is my next choice. How fast of a refresh rate should I be looking for and response time?

Tony

Staff member
So the HDMI and power are separate. The way you posted it it sounded like the same port.

And I like to have a 120hz monitor. But 60 should work in most cases.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
So if I purchases the HDMI/Micro HDMI will that work with that 2 in 1 the way I have it set up?

Tony

Staff member
If you are having diversity issues with your goggles, just take one of the antennas off. If that doesn't work, put an attenuator on the one that you took off. That will pretty much drop you down to only a single receiver.

Top Bottom