Volplaning

Whirlybird

Any of you guys "volplaned" today?????
Just learned a new word. My wife quizzed me today on this word . . . never heard it in my 61 years.

It means to "glide" or "descend slowly in a controlled manner :)

:) So next time you're at the flying field and your battery or gas runs out just say, "Now I'll just volplane her in" and impress everyone :)

Lee

Volplane, I have heard that before in my Paragliding days. There is a magazine for paragliding and hangliding called Volplane.
How things Frank??

Whirlybird

Getting eager to get out flying again. Doctors are narrowing a lot of my problems to auto-immune disease . . . seems to be an epidemic due to all the junk in our processed foods. So I've been eating a more natural healthy diet and am starting to feel the benefits :) Even my knees and hips feel less inflamation :hdbng:

So I'm "volplaning" into the swing off things, hopefully by a few months from now :)

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
my wife is huge on the "natural" food herself. Now all I get at home is grass feed cow, pig and turkey. What a difference in taste. Grass fed cow burgers on hard wood chips is the stuff. Mouth is watering now for it. my wife posted an article she found to facebook. it talks about BPA in our food and how it could be linked to many heath issues today. Camelbak makes a water bottle that is BPA free. I think water tastes a tad better in it.

Top Bottom