VisionAir Flies Again

Ken Jackson

Repair cost was $88. No electronics were bad and it was in the rain at least two days after the crash. Oh yeah guess I need to add the cost of the battery that drained beyond recharging. Overall it was yet another valuable lesson about perspective and depth perception, Lol

Ken

First Maiden After Crash Edited - YouTube

- - - Updated - - -

And a special thanks to the guys at Griffith Barnstormers for recovering and securing the plane until I tracked it down.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh Yeah the landing, I couldn't make a decision, Haha.

pvolcko

heh. At least it got down in one piece. Thought you had it nailed after turning left from the far vehicle in the lot. But it stayed up. :) Figured you were going to make another loop and bring it in that way on a slower glide path. Then plop on the ground in a borderline tip stall. :) And you say I flirt with the ground!

Ken Jackson

Yeah you got me there Paul, Lol. I thought about cutting it out of the video but you have to share the good the bad the clever and the dumb or whats the point. We are only human. That was my worst landing ever with that plane. I just couldn't get out of the throttle for some reason.

Graham Lawrie

Nice one Ken:)

Just an outside chance, I drained a battery and it looked to be gone, but I read that they can be brought back by charging for a few seconds as Nimh instead of lipo. It worked for me. It put a charge back in the battery then I changed to normal balance lipo charge. Worth a try you have nothing to lose:)

murankar

Staff member
Just keep a close eye on the pack. It may not perform all that well since it was depleted so low. I would use it in applications that don't require high loads.

Ken Jackson

Thanks Graham and Matthias for the suggestions. I may try that since it was my newest battery. Only has 8 or 10 flights on it.

I did not damage the prop. I was surprised myself.

Top Bottom