Very bad wobble

treff

Could someone have a look at the attached video and make a suggestion to what maybe causing the wobble
I have now changed everything on this heli apart from the frame and I mean everything.
Suggestions are very, very welcome. Thanks. You will notice that sometimes when I bounce it on the ground it run a little smoother.
Hk 450 gt pro 2 in flight wobble - YouTube

Last edited:

treff

Well most of my problems now solved thanks going to Tony's brilliant set of vids on the 3GX. I had in fact programmed the wrong
heli after a firmware update. I was running with all the dampers set to of and acceleration turned way up in flight control. If you
ever want a heli to go from 0 to 100 feet in about 3 seconds these are the setting you want LOL. Just one thing now is that I have a
slow nodding of the heli in the hover, nothing violent just slow nodding. If anyone has a cure or suggestion throw it this way. Thanks again Tony
Blow me down with a big feather. Thought I had cured the problem but no that would have been to easy lol but I think I have now found the cause.
If I haven't in the bin this heli will go I've now reached breaking point. I have found that the blade grips on the dfc head are very slightly distorted
so that the thrust bearing is not sitting true at the bottom of the blade grip housing causing a wobble. That and the fact that the heli was not set up
right that made matters worse. So, now awaiting parts.

Last edited:

Lee

Not sure how much tuning is available in the software.
I don't think you have the ability to tune with PID settings.
What is your head speed at Treff.

Last edited:

treff

Hi Lee, not sure of the head speed but I have reprogrammed 3gx software and flight are controllable but still with the wobble. I checked the grips and found one to be
so distorted that the thrust bearing was not seating properly. I could tighten it okay so I had never noticed that the bearing was slightly askew causing the wobble
(I hope) I have sent for some spares but will not be able to do anything for a couple of weeks because we'll be away. when I return if it does not work Then i will
break this heli down and buy something half decent. I have come to the end of the road now and end of my patience. I want to fly, just getting into inverted and have to
step back again and spend weeks sorting a heli out. So it will be fly or bin for most of the parts.

Graham Lawrie

I was going to say the video looked like a gyro problem, but I think you know that?

I had similar issues setting up the 3gx and Lee skyped me and he sorted it:)

From my issues I had to go over the set up many many times:( Now the 450 is my "I know it will fly heli" very dependable and reliable, but I changed to the AR7200BX.
I had a wobble and nodding and I had not done the 3gx set up right.
Just fitted it to my 600 with the V5 flashed on it, so it is the last chance for 3gx with me, though in fairness I hear good reports of the V5 so far, time will tell:)

My experience with the BX and now the MSH Brain, although limited, have been very very positive. The way I expected the 3gx to be but wasn't:)

treff

Cheers Graham I have a new gyro which is a copy of the beastx so will try that when we get back. Align bits just dropped through the letter box, must say really great service from them always.
The new grips actually look stronger than the original ones so I hope they are machined better.

Admiral

Looks similar to the wobble I had on my first FBL conversion, I was using a CopterX CX-1000 and had the gains up way to high, then accentuated it by using training gear for my first test flights.

Top Bottom