450 using 450L tail boom with 450 Pro

I have been thinking on installing a 450L tail boom and main rotor blades on my 450 Pro, any reason why this is a bad idea or should I go for it?

Tony

Staff member
You are goign to have to replace more than just the boom. I "think" you are going to need a new tail block, torque tube, maybe a rear tail block and possibly the support bars. I''m not sure if the diameter is different. If you do it, post up a step by step.

Lee

And you will need to check if your Motor and ESC will handle the extra torque caused by the blades.

My 450 currently has the 450L ESC RCE-BL45X, scorpion motor (cannot remember the exact model, still a 3S), new style dual point supported tail control assembly which is the same the 450L uses. If I am not mistaken the tail gear box is the same. I think what I still need is the tail boom with torque drive rod, servo link rod and blades. Oh, I am also going to replace my Feathering shaft with the new style, it has bigger screws to be able to handle the bigger blades. Will keep you all inform when this happen.

Juan

It is time, I had a small crash Sunday need to replace main blades, gears for two servo, and main drive gear. Already replaced the servo gear now need to order the other two parts but will not us the 450 blades since I am switching to the 450L. Already install 450L tail boom, both front and rear gear boxes are the same. took pictures of both boom side by side and on the heli, will post later today. Hope I can find gear in local shop so I don't have to wait.

Juan

No video soon. I took it out yesterday morning to tuned it and was flying good when the motor started failing luckily while in the ground. I have a Scorpion 2221-8 and last month when I spooled up the motor made noise but the blades did not moved it happened a couple of times on one day then it worked just fine. Yesterday I went flying and on the second battery the same thing, started spooling then all of the sudden it stopped. I got closed and looked as I spool and the motor hummed but no blade rotation. I took the motor out and apart put it back and plugged it in outside the heli and this is when i had a brain fart. I had the blades in the foam and clipped to the boom and started to spool the motor to see if I can duplicate the failure when smoked started to come out of the servos, yep, I burned them demanding full throttle which mean full pitch and the blades held.
Now I need 3 new servos, any recommendation? I currently have Hitec 5065MG should I stick with this? at least I have gears if ever need them.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey jcfernan51. Have you check out KST 215Mg servos. I have them on my Tarot 450 DFC all the way around and using them on my Gaui X3 all the way around and they work fine for me. That's only my opinion.

I am also looking at Savox SH0257MG or tgy-306g-hv ,any thoughts?

- - - Updated - - -

No have not but I will. I started looking in the Servo section in this forum and they were mentioned.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
My friend I fly with has the TGY/306gHV and they are almost the same as KST. His opinion. He's been using the KST lately.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I'll have some pics my self tomorrow. My AR7300BX, Hobbywing 50a V3 ESC and some other parts we arrive this afternoon. The Gaui X3 will have new electronics by the evening. I hope. :)

Top Bottom