General Usb Interface - Studiox V3

Cyclone 7

I have recently bought the SPMA3030 interface for use with my AR7210BX. The StudioX software v3 appears to have downloaded from the BeastX site but that is as far as I have got as I can not find a successful way of downloading the driver(s). When I open StudioX all I get is an inert language option/rescan screen. Device Manager shows the dreaded yellow exclamation mark ' driver not available'.

I am sure that I am missing something fairly obvious, but I'm not seeing it! Any help would be appreciated.

Tony

Staff member
Sorry for the delay. What version of windows are you running?

I did find this. If this doesn't help, or if you have already looked at it and it didn't help, let me know and I will dig deeper into finding the actual driver you need and post the file.

Cyclone 7

Sorry for the delay. What version of windows are you running?

I did find this. If this doesn't help, or if you have already looked at it and it didn't help, let me know and I will dig deeper into finding the actual driver you need and post the file.
Win 10 - I've gone through the driver installation info on the StudioX site and none of the advice has worked. No auto install and manual install goes nowhere after sveral attempts at both. Have also uninstalled and re-installed StudioX a couple of times, but same result.

Tony

Staff member
Have you went into Device Manager and uninstalled the unit while it was plugged in and then unplugged and plugged it back in? Sometimes this works. Also, right clicking and clicking on Update Driver works as well. Might need to go into Windows Update and set it so that OTHER items other than Microsoft products can be downloaded.

Cyclone 7

Tried everything - nothing seems to work. Studio X loads but I can't get past the opening language choice screen as it is unresponsive. USB interface driver won't download automatically when the interface is plugged in, as it is supposed to. Device has installed and is recognised but without its driver. Can't perform the manual installation alternative, as you have to get into that via the Studio X software which is not working beyond opening the language option screen.

Frustrating and irritating, to say the very least :banghead:

Tony

Staff member
Try turning off any and all firewalls you have on the computer. These files like this can set off alarms with firewalls and virus detectors. If that doesn't work, try installing StudioX in Compatibility Mode for Windows 7 and see if that works. But it sounds like not even a direct driver will install at this point.

murankar

Staff member
right click the app icon and select run as option. Choose winXP or something older. See if that works.

Cyclone 7

right click the app icon and select run as option. Choose winXP or something older. See if that works.
Thanks Murankar - tried that already and that too, doesn't work.

I can not believe that something that should be so simple, can be so unfit for purpose.

Cyclone 7

I certainly will!
Happy to report that I received a prompt response from freakware Support first thing this morning with a direct link to the driver http://studiox.beastx.com/studiox.php?target=USB2SYSDriver&os=win&redirect (in case anyone else needs it). Everything now working perfectly, I am very happy to say!

Confession time while I am at it, things might have gone a bit smoother had I downloaded and installed the correct version of Studio X in the first place :( ! I was trying to work off v3 whereas I've subsequently discovered after some fiddling and RTFM time, that v2 is what I should have installed for the laptop.

Tony

Staff member
Good deal they got you the driver you needed. Thanks for the update, it should definitely help others in the future that have this issue.

Top Bottom