Upgrades for Trex 600:)

Graham Lawrie

Cant wait:) and all cheaper than a new Brain:)

There was a guy on Fleabay wanting £80 for the head which i got on Align UK for £48

murankar

Staff member
Let us know how that vortex is. Make sure you update it. It had some issues with loosing its program when used on USB. I also heard that it has been resolved.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Graham Lawrie

Let us know how that vortex is. Make sure you update it. It had some issues with loosing its program when used on USB. I also heard that it has been resolved.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Cameron has put one on his Protos today and said it is solid, on par with the Ikon and Brain. :)

Slobberdog

My mate swapped out his microbeast and 3gx gyros on both his trex 600n and gob 500 for the vx1e and he loves them, said they are great, and easy to set up,

Graham Lawrie

Thats what i am hearing Kev:) it was either Lee,s Ikon or the Spartan, Cameron having one and trying it today, plus Bert Kammerer swayed me to give it a go:)

Lee

Cool mate. looking forward to your thoughts on the set up and flight characteristics.
You didn't get the data pod then?

Graham Lawrie

Sweet, I know what you'll be doing later, lol

Built as much as i could:( two minor oversights:(
1. Shaft that came with the kit is too small for the 600, ok for the 550, it is about 10mm short need the 179mm version.
2. My main blade holders are the old style:)

I have been told you can run with the two bearing blocks instead of three, but don't fancy that, so i will wait

New parts on route for the weekend:)
Moving on to the Vortex:)

- - - Updated - - -

Cool mate. looking forward to your thoughts on the set up and flight characteristics.
You didn't get the data pod then?

You dont need the pod so initially no but may do later:)

Graham Lawrie

Parts arrived today:) I have built the DFC head and it all on with new link arms:) Looks the dogs:) Started fitting the Vortex and will finish it tomorrow ready for flying this weekend:)

Top Bottom