ESC Up energ gets hot help!

Mda1701d

Hello all again, here's the latest problem!
After a tail servo bail out on the blade 400, I found the servo was getting red hot. Tried a new servo first, but it did the same thing. Align 750 gyro set to digital, so wasn't that. I had to put a new esc in the heli a while back, but all has been fine for a few weeks. Testing this on the bench, with t hold on, no inputs, the esc gets very hot within a minute or so. It's a cheap ish JPEG energ pro, didn't used to get hot after a fight, so I wonder if it's gone up the spout? Could it be over voltage on the servo causing the overheat? The servo is a hsg508 hitek.
Opinions would be great, thanks!

Mda1701d

Mmm, further info, just plugged in original eflite esc, and same symptoms, it gets damn hot within a minute. All functions work incidentally during this time, although it gets hot with no inputs.

- - - Updated - - -

Think I may have found the prob, unplugging the tail servo stops the heat, so I guess it's knack erred!

Lee

So is it the servo causing the heat problem, or is it something else causing the servo to die, and then causing the heat problem????
Theres the million dollar question.

Mda1701d

LOL, thanks \Lee.
In fact, its a £16.00 question, as I've just ordered Align tail servo to replace!!
I'll be ready to unplug quickly if it gets hot !!!!

Graham Lawrie

I was thinking the Capacitor initially on the ESC as I had the same. Lee has a point, there is a mechanical issue causing the electrical fault, whether servo or tail bind:)

Mda1701d

Hi Graham,
Not a mechanical issue I think, although it was in the air when it first overheated, all tests after have been on the bench, with not even a servo horn fitted. The tail mechs are nice and smooth, and all symptons are the same with another esc.
I'll report when new servo arries! Thanks all.

Top Bottom