Micro Unstable mcpx fixed!

Mda1701d

:twothumbsup::twothumbsup::twothumbsup::twothumbsup::twothumbsup::twothumbsup:

So, after my post asking about how much space these suckers need, and all the helpful comments, I decided to pop the head off and do some investigating. I bought this second hand, £40 with 8 batteries, so not a bad deal! Once the head was off, I noticed that one of the blade holders was not as smooth to turn as the other, this must have been playing havoc with the tiny gyro, and throwing it all around the place! My first thought was a bent feathering shaft, but after removing it with the supplied tools, all looked fine. It would appear that the feathering shaft was just done up a bit too tight, causing the bind on one side.
After setting the shaft just tight enough so there's no play in or out, I put a small dab of pva on the thread, as recommended in the eflite vid. Also, a little oil on the o rings seemed to help.
Swash looked fairly level using the tie strap method, I just tilted it forward very slightly, as it tended to lift off backwards.
Quite a strong breeze outside, but I wanted to try it anyway. The result? This is now one stable little heli!
Even with the breeze, and my dodgy flying skills, I could achieve a nice steady hover, and counter the bombing up and down fairly easily. This was unheard of before!
Looking forward to a calmer evening outside now to try it again.
Thanks again to all for the advice, hope this helps someone else with similar probs.

Tony

Staff member
If tightening the feathering shaft is causing binding, you need to find out what part needs to be trimmed down. I ALWAYS want both screws as tight as I can get them. Less chance of that head flying apart. I remember when this first came out, heads were flying apart because of bad bearings. Yup, happened to me and they sent me a replacement. Anyway, you may have to push the dampers into the head block more, you may have to sand down some shims, but tighten that little sucker up. Trust me.

As for the steady flight, great job. They are a blast to fly. And if you think it's fun now, just wait until you put a brushless motor on it hehe.

As for the smilies, no worries. I have put over 150 in a post before lmao. But, that was showing what smilies we had...

Mda1701d

Hey Tony,
Thanks for the message! The shaft nuts were quite tightish, but I ll check they haven't moved, put 6 batteries through it tonight! Just one bigger mishap when it went over next door, I thought I had enough altititude to clear the tree, but it ended up near the top lol. Step ladder out to rescue!
I will have to find out how to tell if mine is brushless or not.
Incidentally, I am now running 80% throttle with no probs! and have even tried idle up at 100%, if only for short bursts!

Slobberdog

If it is brush less it will have 3 motor wires if it is brushed it will have 2, if it uses a 2s battery it's brushless if 1s it's brushed

Top Bottom