General Ugrading TX

Karubah

Hi,
I am thinking about upgrading my TX from Align T6 to Dx8 (second hand $200). My question is can you bind it to the receiver in my 450 Pro and if so what do I need and how do you do it? Cheers.

Tony

Staff member
I do not think the Align Tx is DSM2 or DSMX, so you will need to use the AR6210 or AR8000 Rx that should come with the DX8. You will not find a better Tx, there are quite a few of us that have the DX8 and we love it.

If you are running a 3GX, then all you will need is two of the DSMX Satellite Rx's and you will bind it right to the 3GX.

Derek

I've done alot of looking at the DX8. I'll be getting one in probably June or so and I'm sure I'll be happy with it. Just from what little I know about the DX8, you are gonna be quite happy with it.

Karubah

Okay, so will the AR6210 fit the 450 pro size wise? The align one looks like a very tight fit. Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry forgot to say that the TX doesn't come with an RX.

Tony

Staff member
Yes, the 6210 will fit either under the main gear inside the frame, or on the back of the anti-rotation bracket unless you have your gyro there. The AR8000 will have to be used on teh outside of the frame from what I can remember though.

Karubah

Thanks for the info. If I get a 6120 do they come with a binding plug. Still very new to this and trying to get my head around the electronics side yet alone learning how to get up in the air!! Lol cheers

Tony

Staff member
It should come with a bind plug. If it doesn't, just take an old servo and cut the plug off of it then remove the center wire, and short the other two together. That is all a bind plug is.

Make sure it comes with the satellite Rx as well. It will greatly reduce your chance of a brown-out, or losing signal.

And I'm sure you just mistyped it above, but it's an AR6210. So I take it your going to make the jump to the DX8?

Karubah

It should come with a bind plug. If it doesn't, just take an old servo and cut the plug off of it then remove the center wire, and short the other two together. That is all a bind plug is.

Make sure it comes with the satellite Rx as well. It will greatly reduce your chance of a brown-out, or losing signal.

And I'm sure you just mistyped it above, but it's an AR6210. So I take it your going to make the jump to the DX8?

Yes I think I will this T6 is nightmare to program and the sticks don't feel right. Thanks once again for help in clearing up a few issues.

Tony

Staff member
It's my pleasure. I can assure you will love it and will not regret the purchase. And at $200 plug $90 for the Rx, that is a KILLER deal. The Tx is $430 with telemetry and AR8000, so getting it this way takes some of the hurt out of it. When you get it, ask any question you may have, there is someone here to get you going.

I also have a thread in the Spektrum section where people can upload files from their DX8's. Might find something that helps with future aircraft.

Karubah

Yep! The bug has bit. The only way to get to know something is to tear it apart and put it back together. You can get a lot of pleasure from this along with frustration!! Cheers

xokia

Okay, so will the AR6210 fit the 450 pro size wise? The align one looks like a very tight fit. Cheers
Yes before I got my DX8 I had the DX6i which requires you use the AR6210. I mounted the AR6210 on the side of my trex 450 near the tail servo. I should rewire the thing to use the 2 sattelites now that I have the DX8. But since it works just fine I haven't messed with it.

Top Bottom