450 type of battery should I use on my Trex 450 pro dfc 3gx

bclark48

I understand that I need a 11.1V 3S 2100-2500mAH LI-PO battery. But what C rating should I get? 25c, 40c, etc..? Please note I am using the Align RCE-BL35P brushless ESC. Thanks for your help

Tony

Staff member
I ran a Turnigy 2200mah 3s 35c with great success. You can go as high on the C as your wallet can withstand. Just means you will have more battery than you need.

Lee

The optimum size is 2200mah. C rating as Tony said is your choice. The benefits are with a higher C the battery is under less stress to perform its allotted task, and can be charged faster. Although charging at 1C is always recommended unless you are in a hurry.
With two identical capacity batteries, the higher C battery will be heavier, so CG (centre of gravity) will play a part in your decision.

murankar

Staff member
Now I know what I need to do until I can make the move to 6S. More C rating, I am at 25C right now and things come down cool but then again I am not smacking my stuff up either!!!

Tony

Staff member
If they come down cool, there should be no reason to get a higher c rating. Not unless you have plans of bigger motors.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I was using 20c or 25c batteries for a year til I was learning my orientations in upright and inverted flights.. then I needed more punch.. As I started doing higher pitch intensive stuff, trying to throw it around, the battery would check out.. Or come down Hot.. a bit puffed every flight. That is dangerous for the batteries, and the heli. SO ... I decided to upgrade to 45C batteries.

I am using these.. dont hurt the wallet and system makes a ton of power all through the flight.. good flight times, and comes down cool and without puff..

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=11951

But again remember if you are a beginner you dont NEED this C rating yet.. Doesnt hurt to have.. But .. you can get by with like what everyone else is talking about too like 20C or 25C batteries:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__11911__Turnigy_nano_tech_2200mah_3S_25_50C_Lipo_Pack.html

Now you'll see numbers there.. 25C with 50 C burst.. or 45C with 90 C burst.. So that burst C rating is just what that battery can provide as a burst for a couple seconds and then it will drop down to its rated C value which is the first lower value. So continuously the first (link) battery can provide 45A of current with a burst amp of 90A. and the second link battery can provide 25A of current continuously and 50A for a burst.

Both batteries will serve you fine, just a matter of how hard you fly.. or where you are at in your flying

(BTW I moved this thread to the right section.. :) )

stokke

I used to get 30C packs before - but now I'm only getting 65C. Not because I need the power, but because I can charge the packs 6 times faster.

stokke

I used to utilize Deans connectors, but have switched to EC3 as I find the m much easier to solder (I suck at soldering). If I have to find a fault in the EC3's, it's that they are a bit hard to unplug - but I find that this varies from connector to connector (I have three packs which unplugs easily, and one that's a bit tight).

Tony

Staff member
Deans Plugs all the way for me. Matt is trying to get me to switch to EC3's though. Don't think he will be successful lmao. I love using deans.

callsign4223

Staff member
I will be successful, just cause I have cut all the deans off of your old packs and put on ec3 so if you wanna fly you have to convert.:devilish:

Top Bottom