This issue is becoming nerve wrecking as the summer slowly slips away I have yet to have my maiden flight. As I described the 2 sticks responding and the other sticks not responding, I decided to re-calibrate the sticks and all of the servos responded but they were all acting "jittery" except the throttle. I turned off the TX for a few hours came back turned on the TX and 2 sticks (throttle and rudder) responded the elevators and ailerons not responding. I also connected the elevator and ailerons servo leads to the rudder channel on the receiver and I got no response from either servo. For that one moment when all the servos were responding at least they work just not working with TX control. A few weeks ago I did Taranis firmware update for some other issue. Any other ideas on how to fix this stick/servo issue?Make sure that the aileron and elevator servos are not plugged in backward in the receiver. I have done that a few times when setting up helicopters, and it can drive you crazy trying to sort it out. If they are plugged in correctly, try plugging one of the servos that are responding into the aileron and elevator ports. If they don`t respond, it`s possible you may have a bad receiver. Another thing to check, is the channel/function assignment for the aileron and elevator. It could be that they don`t have the correct output assigned to them.
I listened to you tube video that said I should upload the latest software/firmware to my Taranis and that's when my problems began. Before then all of the control surfaces were working on my trainer, except the throttle control was acting funny which I have since fixed. But everything else is still acting screwy. So I'm thinking why don't I do a factory re-set. Forget the latest updates go back to where at least everything was working. Does that sound like a good idea?Make sure that the aileron and elevator servos are not plugged in backward in the receiver. I have done that a few times when setting up helicopters, and it can drive you crazy trying to sort it out. If they are plugged in correctly, try plugging one of the servos that are responding into the aileron and elevator ports. If they don`t respond, it`s possible you may have a bad receiver. Another thing to check, is the channel/function assignment for the aileron and elevator. It could be that they don`t have the correct output assigned to them.
After tinkering around I got one of my X8R receivers to bind with the Taranis. Hooray for me. My other X8R didn't bind. Is there a way to find out what firmware this X8R receiver has installed? I'm thinking it's a non-EU, EU issue.FWIW... I didn't see a video about any Taranis by Geena nor by Tony. Of course had they made one, perhaps the version would have been different at the time they made it or whatever. Either way, they aren't at fault in any way for something that is the responsibility of the company that made the product. In addition, anytime you update firmware, it is always on the user to take their part of the responsibility as well, never the person in a video that you may have seen.
Despite that, it's typically ( not always ) a good idea to update any hardware's firmware especially if you've been having problems. So if that doesn't help with the problems a factory reset ( still using the new firmware ) would be the next step just to ensure your model settings in the radio are glitched. If that doesn't help, downgrading back to an earlier version firmware may help.
As an alternate suggestion... instead of messing with your current model setup for now... make a new model setup using a different memory slot. That way you don't loose the old settings just in case they were not the problem to begin with.
I haven't found that info yet, but looking. Here's my situation, I have the Taranis X9D plus ACCST 2.4GHz and 2 X8R receivers. I had my first plane, a trainer, bound to the receiver all set for the maiden flight. Following some you tube advice, I decided to upgrade the firmware on both TX and RX and the problems began. The RXs and TX won't bind. Advice I got was maybe the 2 units weren't matching with both being non-EU. After weeks of working at it I think I got both the RX and TX as non-EU. I got my 2nd plane , a small warbird, to bind. But I can't get the trainer to bind, even I've created a new model set-up for the trainer and the RX still won't bind. the Firmware folder in the Taranis X9D has 4 filesLook for a manual for that specific make/model and see if they provide software to interface with it... if they have that, there is likely a way in their software to look at what firmware version it has.