Two Batteries Two Crashes.. MY GHOSH .. THIS IS RIDICULOUS!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Trex 450 pro DFC

OK So Battery 1 Monday

Flying around.. Quite windy day.. VERY windy.. but that makes it fun ! heli goes FAST! and i am just doing circles.. Last circle, the heli blades are CRACKLING its going so fast with the wind, I pull a hard left as its coming nose in towards me heading with the wind prety fast, and I cant pull anymore.. it makes half the turn but elevator seems stuck and its drifiting and going FAST! Well guess what, the force / speed of the heli was enough to lock up my elevator servo and I went straight into a stupid tree.. I had hit TH before getting in, so I damage the blades and loose the boom supports, main gear, main shaft, featehring shaft and ofcourse a servo and a servo ball pops out.. so .. Damage was real but .. I have had worse..

Bring it home, fix it up .. New align blades.. and take it out today ..

Battery 2:

Flying around.. Bird is Beautifully smooth and MAN Rock steady... again VERY windy and ghusty but the tail wouldnt Budge.. I did tic tocs, and what not. .and the thing just took it like a beast..

Coming Nose in inverted towards me , going in for a hurricane so banked pretty sharp.. blades shining bright in the sun and all of a sudden, it goes to nose up, tail lost 90 degrees, and then within a flash of a second, the tail makes a full 360 turn and the heli is still heading towards me just racing at Idle up 2 with the wind!! and then with all its being the tail pyros out, and OUT of CONTROl! I am like MAN .. I try do do differnt things to bring it in control somehow, but nope, Hit throttle hold and it hits the ground tail in .. :( Tail bent 90 degrees , main gear, main shaft, feathering shaft.. baldes.. tail blades, tail blade hub, tail gears.. the usual.. BUT WHY DID IT HAPPEN. When I recover it from the crash site, the tail servo wasnt stripped, and was trying to puch hard on the bent tail push rod.. so the electronics didnt quit.. Something else had to be wrong.. .. .. . ..

WELL .. two things happened... one of the two mechanical faliures caused this .. : one: the tail slipped out of the boom mount a bit and lost throw and lost control.. But still wouldnt piro out.. I am thinking, my last crash , and the whack flying I try to do.. caused the silver part on the TT that goes into the TT gears, just stripped loose from the torque tube black part and I lost power to the tail... That would cause a ful loss of control. .. Why I say this.. when I pulled the tail out, that metal part did come loose pretty easy..

So .. its grounded again. Luckily. I have everything to fix it. so it will be up in no time. .. but it hurts nonetheless. lol

makes you loose confidence in your flying. But accident happen.. Just hate it when they are mechanical faliures.

Lee

Dude thats bad. I'm taking things easy for a while. First Marius, now you. One thing i do when ever possible, I fly with the wind on my back, not my face.
Then if the heli does go crazy on me, its normally pushed away from me and not towards me.

murankar

Staff member
I was just thinking of bringing out the protos, mybe not now all we need is one more bad thing to happen. All though I think I will still try and bring it out.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I guess you learnt a lesson about flying in strong winds! Lol just kidding! Sorry to hear about the crashes. You will be up tomorrow though! Don't fly in the wind!!! Wait for a nice day.

Tony

Staff member
Holy crap, Stokke, now you, and I was going to see about taking out the 600 this weekend since I'm having to wake up early tomorrow... Yeah, that's not going ot happen! Crap happens in 3's, and I'm not going to be the final chapter in this. lol.

Sucks about the crashes bro.

Westy

LEGEND
Me Either ! LOL

I am grounded until I her the other chapter written!

I am sorry to hear about the issues. it certainly sounds like you either had a tail servo jam or lost total drive to it causing the heli to do what it does best .... spin around itself.

Hope you get her back up and running soon.

Tony

Staff member
I'm thinking it was the aluminum coming loose from teh carbon shaft. That would do it every time.

stokke

What the hëll is going on?! Two tail fail disasters in under a week? Crap. I'm really sorry to hear it Gaba

Tony

Staff member
Not me, was hoping I could, but house work got in the way. That and my truck. But, I will get to it someday, just don't know when that day is.

Graham Lawrie

Bad luck again Gaba:) You are having it these days. But your flying is awsome:) and it always seems to be in the wind, in which you have great control in your videos:) I think its with this hobby, dance with the devil:) As they say fly . crash, build, repeat :)

- - - Updated - - -

I hovered this morning, no crash, no video, just flat battery and no power lead for my charger:)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Well I am glad no one else has crashed :)

Thanks graham

And my 450 is back up... Fixed and all squared up. That will fly next week
I have decided to fly small birds during the week and only big ones on the weekend. Today was 25-35 mph ghusts so didn't . May be tomorrow ill fly my 700 and 600nitro :)

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Ok.... Flew today my vibe and my 700!!! Beautiful flying!! And very thankfully no event!! :) :)

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

heli-maniac

not been a good day for me
esc will not go in to program mode on the 550 so didnt get to maiden it
blew the main gear of the BL nano wile about 15 feet up
stock nano flew good starting to stay inverted for a few sec. then flip back over thats fun
mad crash with the 130xxx here is a pic of the tail shaft and what it did to the boom and tt rod
i would say the tail shaft is the cause of the crash

heli-maniac

Your whole fleet is almost down. That's not good.
na had all the stuff to fix the 130 in less than a hour it was back up yesterday
the 450 is almost ready put the ar7200bx on it sense i cant get the 550 to work
hell as long as i have 1 still in the air im good

xokia

I smashed my 130x this prior weekend in strong wind also. I fly usually outside my skill level and throw that thing around pretty hard. Best way to learn IMO. But anyway the wind grabbed that thing and I cracked my first frame and broke a solid carbon shaft in half :(

Also ruined a set of brand new carbon blades for my 300x. I felt really stupid doing it to. I was coming in for a landing nothing really special and the park I fly at has a cement staircase. I usually land right in front of the stairs. A gust of wind picked the thing up when I was inches from the ground and threw it into the cement railing. Scraped up the ends of the carbon blades pretty bad.

The most I will do on my 450 is flips rolls and fly around inverted. I'm to much of a wimp to throw that thing around. I'd be scared having the 450 coming at me in idle up. Doing flips though I notice how much smoother it is at doing just about any trick. Doing a flip in place without gaining or loosing altitude is simple on the 450. I still cant get the 130x or 300x to do the same.

Top Bottom