450 Turnigy A-spec 2200mAh batteries

xokia

I eventually intend to go 4S on my Trex 450. I originally purchased nano-tech 2200 45-90C and I would not recommend these for hard 3D. For mild 3D they do ok but struggle for hard 3D.

I purchased a single A-spec 2200mAh 65-130C and these batteries are significantly better batteries. I would recommend these batteries for those of you into hard 3D manuevers. I know they also sell a standard nano-tech 2250mAh 65-130C that is probably just as good but I dont have one to confirm. I don't know that A-spec actually offers any real advantage. But the cool thing is they are pretty much the same price anyway.

I purchased 4 A-spec 65-130C 6S 5000mAh batteries and measured the ESR right when I recieved them none of them reached the advertised 1.2mOhms. 2 of them were worse then the standard nano-tech at 3mOhms each and 2 of them were exactly the same as the standard nano-techs at 2.4mOhms. They seem to be on par with pulse 45C 6S 5000mAh batteries as a comparison. This is why I say the A-spec name apears to be just a way to fleace you out of your money. So don't pay extra for it. I intend to return these 6S A-specs and just buy a some Pulse 65C batteries those I have measured and are 1.2mOhms.

Last edited:

xokia

Here is a log file of my last flight with these A-spec 65-130C batteries. They do so much better at delivering power than the 45-90's night and day difference. I was doing tic toks in this log file and some funnels.

Top Bottom