Other Turnigy 9XR

Hi guys,
i'm trying to set up my dad's radio to the MCPX. Having all sorts of issues, as nothing is as straight forward as I would've thought.
Has anyone set their radio up to one yet?
Need to know the question about collective and curves... not as straight forward as the spektrum stuff

Stambo

I've had a brief play with the 9xr to set up my stepsons quad and my Taranis should be here soon which uses very similar software.
All I can say is Google it. You might find a preset model you can install.
I found a couple but Tony doesn't like us linking to other forums. (Which I fully understand and accept)
The 9xr is a bit of a handful to get to grips with for a start but once you understand how it works it becomes much easier.

Here's a video on mixing, it's what I used to get started, the more you play with it the more you understand it. It shows a 9x but the 9Xr uses the same software.
Unfortunately I can not be of much direct help as the one I did was a while ago and I have no experience with the MCPX.
I used a combination of this video and the 9Xr manual and managed to figure it out.

er9x Tutorial: Mix Menu - YouTube

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Are you running a spektrum module? If not, the 9xr will not work with the mcpx.

Hi Stambo, thanks for that. I've worked it out and programmed the whole thing from scratch.
Kinda understanding it more now.... I can see why people like them for FPV and multi rotor stuff.
They are very versitile, but I still find them a bit painful to program compared to the spektrum.

Hi Tony,
I do have the spektrum module in there. I could get it all binding, but not doing what I wanted it to. That was because I had no idea which curve was which and what the hell I was doing.
Watching a youtube video I worked it out. Was a bit of a pain, but I got there and know a little bit more about it now though

murankar

Staff member
Yeah the curves will defiantly confuse you. From what I know you program all of your curves (pitch and throttle) all on one screen then you have to go into another menu and assign your curve to a function.
From my understanding Futaba is a beast to learn also.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Yeah that's exactly what it was like... although it was assign channels to curves and switches, and do the mixing myself, and then go through to the curves... so it just threw me. But I at least understand it now

murankar

Staff member
I need to start working on the firmware stuff real soon. If I leave my esc hooked up too long without a motor running it get super hot. I might try my old dynum esc and see how long I can play with the firm ware before it burns up. I want to have it ready to work with the ZYX-S.

Top Bottom