General Turnigy 9XR set up with Assault 450.

joelg

Hi Guys

Having some trouble setting up my new Turnigy 9XR and Assault 450. I have got to the stage where i have the swash plate moving in the correct direction, but the servos only move a tiny bit? Also i can seem to get any collective pitch?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Tony

Staff member
There should be a "Swash" menu in there with 3 parameters. Aileron, Elevator and Pitch. A and E will adjust your cyclic, and P will adjust your collective. I'm not sure exactly what the menu is called on that Tx, but it should be Swash or SwashAFR or something like that.

Tony

Staff member
I want to say it's this menu, and you will either put in a positive or negative number on the lower 3 inputs. The larger the number (positive, or lower the number in the negatives) the more pitch you should get. Again, I have never played with this Tx so I'm not sure. But I'm trying lol.

Screenshot-14.png

Screenshot-14.png

joelg

The only options in that menu are to have them normal or inverted. Seems this transmitter is more trouble than its worth.

Tony

Staff member
Nah, there are people that really like that Tx. It just takes a learning curve when you first start out. I had to do the same on all of them that I have had. Give it time and let some others come in here that have this Tx. I know they can get you going.

murankar

Staff member
I am working on a reply for the question at hand. Give me a bit to get it completed. Its going to be a little long. In the mean time let me know what fbl controller you are using. This could change what I put in the response.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
I will have to research that one because i dont know it. Why I need to know is due to the mixing. most fbl controllers do the mixing instead of the radio.

murankar

Staff member
Okay I will need to do a video for you guys on this firmware. Now I need some time to do it. First is the Assault is an fbl heli and we (or I) need to know what gyro you are using on this kit. This will determine whether or not you need mixing in the radio. Chances are you wont need mixing in the radio, what you would need to do is:

This exact setup was for my th9x with er9x on a ZYX-S gyro (fbl controller) Yours may vary a bit. Start with a new model and most of the values may not change for you.

SETUP:

setup.jpg
here is where you setup the basic stuff. really the only thing you need on here is the model name and that is not all that important untill you add more models

heli setup.jpg
Swash type is going to be the thing that might be different. My current gyro and my ZYX-S requires no mixing on the radio so I have it in the off position.
Collective should be channel 6 not 11. I have to change this on my radio if its not changed yet. Then match the rest of my setup.
mixes.jpg
After applying the templates in the last image come back to this menu. Then make everything match what I have.

curves.jpg
The first three curves are for throttle and the next 3 are pitch curves.

switches.jpg
This screen should be done already based on the templates. just double check this screen so it matches.

templates.jpg
On this screen you will need to apply the following templates before doing any kind of setup:
STICKY T-CUT
HELI SETUP
HELI GYRO SETUP

I hope this helps with the radio end. Next you will want to run the gyro setup stuff.

This gyro looks like a beastx so the mixing is done in the gyro not the radio so follow my setup. I have yet to finish my setup on the beastx so I don't know what you will need to do once everything is set.

setup.jpg

curves.jpg

heli setup.jpg

mixes.jpg

switches.jpg

templates.jpg

Last edited:

joelg

Ok thanks I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok I will have a go and see what happens. Thanks

joelg

Hi I have given that a go but the sticks do not do as they should? aileron is the throttle and all the servos only move a fraction of what they should.

murankar

Staff member
Are the cables hooked up right? Those settings work for my Gaui.

Next question: are you mode 1 or mode 2?

joelg

Ok so I swapped the THR and AIL channels around and it seems to have worked. I am mode 2. The only thing that doesn't work now is the THR CUT.

- - - Updated - - -

Also do you mind explaining the tail setup, in regards to the gear switch and pot 2. Thanks

murankar

Staff member
In the mixes menu the throttle cut should be on channel 14.

Customs switches menu should have five entries; s7 s8 s9 SB SC.

Well my radio has 5 entries. I don't have my PC in front of me right now to see if thats what I have in my posted images.

joelg

Cheers got that sorted and spooled it up but it wants to spin constantly, I need to have almost full pitch on the tail to stop it.

Top Bottom