Trying to stay Calm

Had a call from the real estate into a few issues I had in relation to a recent property inspection.
To give background info, been raining where I live for a few weeks, and I work full time. Ended up with pneumonia the week before the inspection.
OK... so...
First complaint, the grass is long and unkept.... (the backyard looked more like a mud pool)
How am I meant to mow when there was nothing but a mud bog in the backyard.

2. Cats in the house - I have a standing pet agreement that states that pets are allowed in the house - Agent claims that this wasn't carried across properly into the new agreement... she just didn't look

3. Front screen wasn't locked and left open - Agent claims that it wasn't locked in the first place. (bull****, and that she has to leave it as she found it. I know my wife closed it at least, and there is no way the wind will blow it open. Stupid cow

4. 6 holes in the front screen - Been almost a year and she reckons these have gotten bigger and not part of their responsibilty to fix, yet I haven't seen her photos as yet.
Can't wait to see the photos so I can take my own and send them back.

Really jack of this person and her attitude. Just wish i owned the place and could tell here where to go.
Really tempted to try and contact the landlords and offer to pay them the rent directly. Since I do kind of know the owners

Lee

Damn agents. Whats there problem?
We own a house and rent it out to a really nice couple. We had a call from the building agent saying, could we ask the tenants not to put there washing in front of the window, because it looks bad from outside!!!!
Are they for real? Asking someone not to do something with in there own house because they can see it. They aren't putting anything outside, or walking around naked in front of the window. Just putting there washing in there room by the window to dry.

This woman was just being stupid... She couldn't say sorry. If she had've said sorry and not made stupid excuses I would've let it go. But now she's just got me going... I've taken a photo of the flyscreen to compare it to the original when we moved it. I'll take a better one in the morning, when I don't get the reflection from my flash.
Send it over to them, and make them fix it. She's really gotten under my skin. I probably would've been happy enough to replace the fly screen if she had've said sorry I stuffed up.
Actually now looking for a new place to actually buy and attempt to do it. Prob not the best time, but would be nice to have our own place and have it set up the way we want

Stambo

It's never the wrong time to buy real estate.
It just might take longer to increase in value.
Just think of all that money you wasted on rent that could have been paying a mortgage. (or don't think of it :))
The end result is YOU own it, and nobody can tell you what you can and can't do so long as you stay within the law.
I own my own business now courtesy of the increase in value of the property I bought 12 years ago.

In terms of making money, yes now is a good time to buy, as esp here in Sydney prices are heading up, and loans are down. Reason it's not a good time is because my wife and I are about to have a baby, and she's not going to be working for a year, and taking care of bubs.
The other things is that sadly we need a gaurantor if we're to have any chance of getting a loan.
If I had the money and a deposit now, or was at least go, I'd go for it no questions asked!!

Diederik

I bought my first house when I was 19 years old and part of the South African Police force (13 years of service when I resigned) Maybe I am wrong, but I just can not see myself spending money on a house, make it a nice living place if it is not my own, besides that, renting is paying someone else's bond.
In all fairness I do not know how expensive houses are anywhere else in the world or how hard it is to get a loan,

If i had the choice I would have bought, but with the way things are over here, and probably me having a bit too much fun as a youngster, so I didn't have the money for a deposit. Now with the GFC no one will do a low deposit home loan unless you can get a family member to go gaurantor, and since I can't get my family to do that, I'm stuck having to rent and paying someone elses mortgage for them until I can save up enough for a deposit, which as i said in Sydney is going to get harder and harder as our property prices continue to be over inflated

Lee

Our apartment is rented out, but by a long way doesn't cover the mortgage. So we are paying our mortgage and renting a place. We just want to sell it and have a good life with no stress about the house. Problem is, the house prices now won't cover the mortgage. We are in negative equity :(

callsign4223

Staff member
I feel ya on that Lee. I moved into a new house last September and we decided to rent out our old house. The rent covers the mortgage barely, but the renter is horrible about paying on time. Now we are just trying to fix it up and sell it before our third kid is born so the wife can quit work. No way for her to quit with an unreliable renter.

ozmo

OK. My mother in law explained this to once upon a time.
I said, "It takes all kinds". She informed me, "No it does NOT, we just have 'em anyway!".
Them Mom got on her Honda trike and went home. I have a cool mom in law:encouragement:

Top Bottom