Trucks Truck accelrates too fast if that makes any sense lol

mrjordan

Hey,so i fitted a new pullstart,all is good,got it running,but it accelerates a bit too fast,as in i pull the trigger and its literally gone in a flash,anything i can do about that?

Tony

Staff member
I'm pretty sure you are talking about a nitro truck. If so, you can turn the high end needle out about 1/4 turn and it will slow it down. One thing you need to do is make sure it's tuned right and not too lean. If it's too lean, it will burn it up really fast. You can also adjust your throttle end point to not open the carb up so much.

mrjordan

I'm pretty sure you are talking about a nitro truck. If so, you can turn the high end needle out about 1/4 turn and it will slow it down. One thing you need to do is make sure it's tuned right and not too lean. If it's too lean, it will burn it up really fast. You can also adjust your throttle end point to not open the carb up so much.

Awesome,thanks mate

mrjordan

Which direction would i turn it

Tony

Staff member
counter clockwise. It's best to have a temp gun as well and never let the engine go above about 240ºf.

Tony

Staff member
It's well worth the investment. There is no other way to know what temp your engine is running at without one. You can do the "spit" test. After runnign it hard, lightly spit on the glow plug. If it slowly starts to sizzle, then it's good. If it pretty much vaporizes, then it's way too hot.

Top Bottom