Servos Trouble with servo travel

Derek

Most likely the problem is that I am just missing something.

I have my two MG servo's hooked up to my ESC on my 49" wing. I turn on the Tx then plug in the lipo...move the right stick and the servo arm moves very very little. The servo travel isn't any where near what it should be. I've rechecked the Travel Adjust..all channels are set to 100%. I've rechecked the Dual Rates...all are 100%. I do have "Elevons" selected in the Wing Tail Mix. I do have the Elevator mixed with the Aileron in the Mix 1 setting....both channels are set for +100%. I even went so far as to swap out the servos and still get the same result.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

If you need me to post a video showing the limited servo arm travel, I will do that.

Tony

Staff member
100% dual rate just means that he will have full travel that he has set in his travel adjustments.

Remember Derek, with elevon mixing, your controls are not only ailerons, but also your elevators. So, you can't give aileron the full throw. If you pull the stick right and down (bottom right corner), you will see the absolute max travel that the control will hit. Down adn left will show you the left control surface max throw. But, just elevator, or just aileron will show about half (theoretically) of the throw. As long as both go up when you pull back on the right stick, and the right goes up with right stick, adn left goes up on left stick, you should be good. Unless I over looked something...

Derek

Yes, you are right about not getting the full throw when giving aileron input. I do understand that part from my previous experience with this wing:
EAWing.jpg

But here is a video that shows my issues now:
Servo Travel issues - YouTube

I am totally confused here.

EAWing.jpg

Derek

I sure can...anything in specific?

Travel Adjust
Reverse
Dual Rates and Expo
Wing Tail Mix
anything else???

Derek

no problem....i'll go get them now

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the Main Screen to show that all trims are nuetral

GEDC0015.jpg

Dual Rates and Expo showing the factory settings for a new model profile

GEDC0017.jpg

Travel Adjust showing all 100%.....again, factory settings for a new model profile

GEDC0018.jpg

Sub Trims showing that I've not changed anything here. Not sure this one was necessary, but I thought I'd show it

GEDC0019.jpg

Mix 1 showing that i've mixed the Elevator with the Aileron

GEDC0021.jpg

Reverse Menu after I've tried to reverse this and reverse that then I moved this back and move that back...ugh

GEDC0022.jpg

Wing Tail Mix showing that I have the Elevon feature active

GEDC0023.jpg

GEDC0015.jpg

GEDC0017.jpg

GEDC0018.jpg

GEDC0019.jpg

GEDC0021.jpg

GEDC0022.jpg

GEDC0023.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Disable your mix menu and only keep the Wing Tail Mix menu. Everything else looks good.

sorry for the delay, glad I checked in on this thread. Not sure I like this auto merge posts when this happens... It's nice to keep the forum clean, but a pain when there are multiple updates lmao.

Derek

Ha!!! That's awesome!!! As I was reading your reply and you said to disable the mix menu, it dawned on me...DUH!!! if I have the Elevons turned on, I dont need the mix. DUH!!! Too funny!

Thanks Tony! It's working just fine now.

Derek

I can't, lol. I have no motor nor prop and its still brrrr cold outside, lol. I guess I'm just getting myself ready for when the +40 degree weather comes. I have this wing that I'm working on, the RCH Trainer (which is done, complete and ready to go), I have a cargo carrier, a twin boom plane, a canard style plane, and my FB Albatros. I'm wanting all of these to fly this year. Most of all, I have my Trex 500 that I am really wanting to get some air-time with this year.

Thanks again for the help with this issue, Tony! I knew it was probably just something simple that I was over-looking....and it was....and that's why I keep coming back to RCH....because I know that I"m gonna get "results."

Time to go put some thought into my FB Albatros.

Top Bottom