1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

450 Trouble Binding A Gy401 Gyro

Discussion in 'Helicopters' started by Rolland Huff, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Rolland Huff

Rolland Huff New Member

I have a Trex450 that have been working on this was an inherited heli so some of the background is murky. It has a new Spektrum AR 6115e receiver and a GY 401 gyro. I am using a DX6i tx. The problem is after setting up the TX using the video off Utube I can get all the setting correct and the rudder adjustments work according to the video. but the problem is I cannot get the gyro to give me a steady light when binding, it goes from a fast flash to a slow flash on binding. and altho the head is working ok I have no rudder control it wants to rotate either hard counter clock wise rotation. The adjustments show the HH and Gain change with the switch but still no control. I am at a loss. I need guidance

2. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

I'm confused, you dont' bind the gyro... You only bind the receiver. And have you went in the tx and setup the gyro gains? Also, have you setup the tail gyro?

3. Rolland Huff

Rolland Huff New Member

Well I thought I had but perhaps not?? This is new stuff to me so its like learning to walk. I grew up analog and have been drug into the digital world. I have been using the videos but I may have not set up the gyro correctly. My confusion is that what I have read is that the gyro is supposed to show a steady light after being set up all I can get with the TX settings is a slow blinking light. The gyro shows Rate - 0 : 60% and 1 : 40% , sub trim gyro 0 . Gyro pots are set at middle settings . Moving the switch to the #1 setting the rudder will center with the toggle and it should with HH mode but when the rpm comes up it loses control directional control and spins CCW

4. Tony

I have never liked the 401 quite honestly. I love the Align GP780 that I have on my one and only flybar helicopter. But Heading Hold mode shouldn't center the tail blades. They should stay pitched until the tail reaches the "Heading" it was told to go to. Rate mode is what will center. Make sure you have the tail gyro signal wire (gyro rate wire) in the correct orientation, and make sure you have it plugged into channel 5 of your Rx. If you want a better MEMS gyro and not the Piezoelectric that the 401 is, look for the hobbyking GA-250 gyro. It is a fantastic gyro for what you pay for it.

5. Rolland Huff

Rolland Huff New Member

Tony
    I am going to take your recommendation an go with a GA-250 and see how that works out.

6. Tony

Copy that. Keep us posted.