600 Trex600nitro pro and Futaba8FGsuper How do I program the gov in my transmitter?

Stan Blum

I apologize to one and all for my ignorance. I've got the 3GX completely programed. I've looked at all of Tony's and Ron Lunds tutorials. My gov light is red which means it isn't working. My question is how do I program the 8FGsuper so that the governor works? I did the throttle recognition thing etc. If anyone out there can help, I would appreciate it. Regards to all, Stan

Tony

Staff member
NEVER apologize for not knowing something!!! You never know what you don't know until you know it! Remember that :biggrin1:

Okay, I have no idea what I'm doing on a futaba Tx, but I'm going to give it a shot.

In the Program mix, you want to turn the Gov on and set it to the Gov switch. This should be on channel 7 I do believe if you are runnign another Rx. If your gyro is on channel 7, then the gov will be on channel 5. Hope that makes sense.

To adjust yoru head speed, you will need to do some calculation. You first need to know the max rpm of your motor/engine. Then you need to divide your main gear by the pinion. Then divide the gear sum by the engine max rpm and that is your 100% head speed. Now, you need to multiply that number by .60, .70, any number until you find the number that matches the head speed that you want to run.

On a 600, you will want to shoot for 1900, 2050, and 2250 if you have a 3 position switch. If you have a 2 position switch, then set it to the second and third number. But, you will need to do some calculations to figure out what %'age to put in the gov menu.

It takes some work, but you will get it. just make sure, when playing with teh gov menu, that the light turns green so you know it's active.

Hope this helps. And I really hope I didn't confuse the crap out of you lol. I think I confused myself a bit there lmao. Let me know and i will try to do it a bit better after thinking about it for a while.

Stan Blum

Thank you Tony for the quick reply. I hope your info helps and will let you know if I can solve this problem.

Top Bottom