General Trex600 with dx8g2

Hungomez

Hi everyone.
It's the first time for me to visit on the site so I don't know how I have to start.
Basically I have upgraded from trex 500e pro dx6i to 600efl pro with gpro and dx8 2 gen.
I have no idea about the setup.
I switched 2 years ago from planes to heli , and I started to fly from last year. On the 500 with the dx6 it was easy, because the YouTube is full with the step by step videos.
But from this version I can't find nothing.
So the question is here, anyone can help a little bit for me ?
Many thanks.

Smoggie

I have a Trex 600EFL Pro (much upgraded and modified but it started life as the EFL Pro). I'm not running the GPro but i do have a DX18 which is almost identical from a programming point of view to your DX8 G2.

The Trex manual is a pretty good starting point. If you use the latest 600L Dominator manual that has the setup process for the Gpro included (and the 600L is very similar to your EFL). If there are any specific points you want help on just ask.

If you wanted i could send you a setup file from my Tx that you can load into your Tx to get the basic setup programmed in? Though of course my setup might not exactly suit you, and you would still need to go through the setup process of the GPRo etc, it would be a starting point.

Hungomez

Thanks for the quick response, if you can send for me the settings, that's great.
E mail? ( ivyx23@gmail.com )
Anyway I have a spare 3gx as well, but I had so many issues with it. Probably is coming from the knowledge, but now it's ok on 450 dominator. Also there was a problem with the 6 ch but it was work.
Really I can build, but I'm so stupid for the new electronic equipments. The dx8 is the main problem. On the 6i I just copied everything and fly. Never touched. (Only giro )

Smoggie

I'll go and download my Tx setup and send to your email. I'm using a Vbar but as far as the Tx setup is concerned that should be reasonably close to what the Gpro expects to see (the 3GX is a different animal)

Hungomez

Hi again.
Another question about the dx8 , if you could tell for me how to reset the timer , will be great. I'm using the standard switch, but only it's stopp and counting from there.
Many thanks.

Tony

Staff member
To reset the timer without turning the Tx off then back on, just hit the clear button to the left of the screen. It will reset it.

Top Bottom